Chapter 29: I liked it

Warning: Mention of blood again

As I stood in front of Dabi's door. I had to take a deep breath. As I was about to knock on the door, it flies open.

   The person who opened the door was of course, Dabi.

   "What are you doing?" He asks, narrowing his eyes at me .

   "Izuku left to take care of some things, so I have to hang out with you," I explain .

   "We aren't hanging out. I basically have to babysit you," he says, walking away from the door to his bed .

   He leaves the door open for me to walk in myself . When I enter, I shut the door behind me .

   "Whatever, I still have to be with you," I softly say .

"Yeah," he says, turning on his tv.

   I awkwardly stand in front of the door, leaning up against it , looking around his room .

   "Come sit down," he demands, patting the spot beside him. On the bed .

   I nervously walk over to the spot he was patting. When I take a seat, he faces his body towards me .

   I do the exact same, repeating his actions . Ready to start a conversation, but before I can, he cuts me off.

   "Just because we were friends back then, does not mean we're friends now," he says .

   My heart stung at his words . "I didn't say anything about us being friends, Dabi. I haven't said anything at all actually," I say .

   He rolls his eyes and darts them away from me .

"I'm sorry," he mutters .

"For what?" I ask .

   "For not coming back to see you," he explains .

   "It's okay," I say, placing my hand on his knee . "Why didn't you come back to see me though," I say. "You promised," I add, sadly smiling .

   "I couldn't risk being caught and captured. They would have sent me back to my bastard of a father," he glares at the ground .

   I gave his knee a squeeze, letting him know I was there for him .

   "There wasn't a day that passed by where you didn't cross my mind," he says , finally lifting his head to look at me .

   I flash him a small smile, as a faint blush is apparent on my cheeks .

   "I'm so sorry, I didn't come back for you," he says .

   "Don't worry," I softly say. "Al that matters is that we're together now," I smile.

   He places his hand on top of mine. "Yeah," he confidently smirks . It wasn't a flirty smirk, it was a reassuring smirk that we wouldn't be torn apart again .

       But what we didn't know was that there was a certain blonde girl, outside the door, listening in on our conversation .

   "Hmm," the blonde girl hummed in delight. "I wonder how Izuku would feel when he finds out," she thought, skipping away from the door, down the hallway .

_______

"Doll, I'm home!" I hear Izuku yell.

I lazily sit up from the bed I was sleeping on. I yawn and stretch my arms . When I look around the room, I see that the room I was once sleeping in, wasn't mine .