Suprises

"I'm going out to the barn." A voice called. Bucket in hand filled with feed for the horses. As it waved back and forth in his hands he walked out to the barn.

"Dean." Someone called behind him.

Dean turned to his friend, and what they called 'slave', now a days. "Yeah?" She held out his riding gloves, though he never really rode in the morning he still always wore them to remind him of somethings.

He smiled. "Thanks Joanne."

She squinted at him, "You are so lucky that I'm on the clock right now because the more you say the name, doesn't make it funny."

He laughed, "Oh, yes it is. See you at breakfast." Walking off to the house, he turned back to the barn and just with one strong lug he opened the door. Light shined into the barn as he looked at his animals, horses seemed out of ease as he stepped near them. "Hey Dudlin." He said as he patted a horse's shoulder, reaching into the stable. "Hey buddy." Stroking the horses's nose, he smiled. Pulling up the sack and filling it, he hung it over the horses's ears and did the same to the other. Herding the sheep out to the fenced yard built for them, he turned to the sound of the horses freaking out. Running back into the barn, he quickly rushed to the panicking Dudlin. "Hey, hey, hey. Its okay." He mumbled low and calming, hands up in lightness, Dudlin's sack hit the floor as he backed up into his stable. "What's wrong buddy?" Something moved in the back of the barn. Dean turned his head in silence. "Hello?" He called but no reply. "Hello? Is someone back there? I won't hurt you." He walked closer to the back, stepping slowly as he did. "Hello?" He said again, reaching the back of the barn where the hay was stacked for the horses sometimes for herding and food if they get their grubby mouthes on it.

He reached the back of the barn and stopped. There was nothing back there. So what made the horses go all crazy? Standing he turned back to the front and with the lightest twitch of sound, he heard something shrug against the hay and he turned his head. His eyes capturing such alienated features, towering over him like a shadow his heart stopped and for a moment ­­his eyes met blue.

Being noticed by the stranger, he through his wings up causing commotion again. The horses neighed like crazy, bustling around in their stables. The stray hay flew into the air causing Dean to cover his eyes and face, winds smacked him in the face as he fell back. Big, strong wings pronounced from behind the being. Wing span as big as the being itself. Doubled the size. Triple even. Eyes setting on the mystic creature again as it stepped back in fear falling as ropes hung from the wall and ceiling caught in their wings. Feathers separated as its wings got caught, fear in their eyes as they tried pulling back but it only got worse as they struggled.

Dean quickly stood up with his hands out, "Hey, hey. Its okay. I wont hurt you." He said watching the wings of the creature twitch as it still tried moving. He stared at the massive wings spread out, caught in the rope. Amazement in such a thing out of bed time stories and fairytales right in front of him.He stared, "You're an angel seedling." He stated lightly, more out of not believing his own words."Dean!

Are you alright in there?" Jo called rushing to the barn door. "I heard all the noise."Dean looked back to the angel ad panic set into its eyes again as its wings twitched again in fear.

"Im fine, get back to the house." He called angered, but only out of protection of this scared creature.

"But­­."

"Now Joanne." He muttered and she turned just as quick back to the house. He looked back to the angel, "Hey. Its okay, I'm not gonna hurt you." He looked up to the caught wings again. "I'm gonna get you out of that, okay?" Stepping closer, the angel pulled back with their wings restraining. "No, no, no. Its okay." He said as he knelt down to his level. "Its okay." He hushed.

So very slowly he stepped closer reaching up to the trembling and twitching wing, stepping closer he could see the spots and color in the wings of the angel seedling. The seedling was grown, an owner must have loved them enough to grow to be a young adult let alone having wings the same size as itself. All the angels he had seen ... were dead. He couldn't keep the angel here, it would cause him and his house mates death for harboring a forbidden seedling. He couldn't risk the chance.

"I'm gonna get you out of here." Dean said again. He put on a reassuring smile as he reached behind him and took hold of his handy knife he used if it ever came in handy with objects. Never people.

The angel pulled back seeing the knife, wings swinging still caught in the rope as Dean pulled back. Covering his face again he pulled them back and looked to the angel. With its face covered in his hands, knees pulled up to itself in defense, face hidden from sight. He looked at the ropes around the wings. It look uncomfortable, how painful it had to feel. He had to get it off of him, although it was wrong and he should go to someone ­­ this angel is or was someone else's and he wouldn't go around killing seedlings if he didn't like them. This angel was like him. Human like.

Quickly leaning forward, Dean grabbed a rope and cut it off as quick as he could. Then another. Then another. The angel pulled back its arms and its wings twitched in fear as one wing came undone and the other fell with it, wrenching free the angel threw its wings forward as it smacked Dean and he went flying back. Landing on his back, he opened his eyes quick enough to see a wing disappear above him on the second floor of the barn. Crashing sounds and a haystack hit the floor from up above as Dean pulled to his feet, he looked over to his dropped knife. Picking it back up he put it in his pocket and walked over to look up at the second level. Ducking out of sight, the angel hid behind hay stacks but the wings were visible.

Staring up he exhaled. The angel slowly peeked his head around the hay stack, seeing that Dean was still there, he hid again. Dean turned to the barn door rubbing a hand over his face as it dragged down and he dropped it, putting his hands on his hips he turned back to the hiding angel. "Great." He mumbled to himself. Pulling the horses out of their stables he put them into their designated pens and let them run around. Walking back to the barn he looked up to the second level and the top of the wings were still there, almost moving like he was rocking himself. Letting out a sigh, he reached for the door and closed it.