Hold My Hand

Dean turned to the hallway, "Get every weapon from the house now!!" Dean yelled as Ellen went to kitchen and grabbed the shot gun from the closet. Jo and Castiel came rushing down the stairs in thought of the bang.

"Get Castiel into a room and lock it until it's safe!!" Dean screamed as the people neared the house, he grabbed the shot gun from the umbrella rack.

Pamela grabbed his shoulder, "Dean, you must get out of here. Take what you can and leave with them­­."

"I will defend my house with every last breath I have." Dean muttered as he cocked the shotgun and turned to Ellen in the hallway with a shot gun as well, Jo rushing into a room holding Dean's hand carved revolver to keep Castiel safe. Dean nodded to Ellen, she nodded back. Dean looked to Pamela.

"Pamela," Dean mumbled as he opened the front door holding his shot gun by his side. "I'm sorry." He closed the door behind him and stepped onto the front porch. His hands shook as the townsmen neared and their torches were bright and burning, the people yelling and screaming, he kept his shot gun by his side but he wanted to pull it up so bad and defend himself. He stood there with a defending gun, but he still felt defenseless.

Mayor Cain halted the group and stared up at Dean on his porch, shot gun by his side. "Dean Winchester, you are charged with treason of this town but all will be forgotten when you hand over the beast."

"You said I was free­­."

"And you lied, now hand over the beast so we can all surrender and leave." Some one yelled in the crowd, they roared getting closer. Dean clenched the gun tighter.

"Dean Winchester, hand over the winged­beast. I will count to three, and on three we will seize this house and every thing and every one in it." Cain instructed putting up his hand for counting. "One." Dean clenched the gun and the town stepped closer. Ellen readied her gun, aiming it to the door but she wouldn't ever shoot her master.

"Two." Dean cocked his gun up at the Mayor, aim ready and fear striking.Pamela rushed back to the room with Castiel and Jo, walking in Jo was standing above Castiel with her gun to the door aimed at Pamela. Castiel crowding on the floor. Before the mayor could say three, the gun went off and Dean shut his eyes.

"The shot heard 'round the world". The town charged forward, throwing their torches at the windows. Throwing stones and rocks at the window, Dean barged back into the door and slammed it shut. A torch smashed through the window and the fire licked at the couch, setting it a blaze.

Jo screamed in the back as a stone shredded the window into pieces. Dean ran down the hall and fire a bullet when some one came through the window. "Come on!!" He screamed pulling Pamela and the rest out of the hall. Shots went off in the front as Ellen fired her shot gun to the people nearing the house.

"Get their chairs and tables over, we will defend this house­­." Dean charged.

"Dean, you must get out of here. Now!!!" Pamela yelled and this time Dean had considered it. A torch skid through the window and set the curtains on fire, pushing everyone into the kitchen Dean flipped the table on it's side and made every one duck down. The house started to engulf in flames, Dean shut the doors and ran back to the front of the house. Jo following. Dean fired another round of bullets to the approaching townsmen who put up a fight, some had brought their own guns and others kept throwing stones. The mayor standing in the back of the crowd, turned his back to the house and disappeared into the night with one single torch bobbing in the distance.

Dean looked to Jo, standing beside him. "Get back there!!"

"I'm not standing around and letting my mother fight alone!" She yelled back and fired a shot that skinned across some one's temple.

Dean grabbed the muzzle of the gun and pointed it away, "I won't let you suffer the nightmares."

She stared up at him, "And I won't let my family die like this." She yanked her gun back and shot again through the shattered window of the door.

"Move!!" Some one screamed from behind the three, they turned to Pamela holding a shot gun. She cocked the gun and aimed it to the door. "On my mark open the door."

"Pamela, stop­­."

"If there's anything I can't do, it's hold back a town." She turned her smile towards Dean, "But I can defend a family and their love." She looked back to the door, still holding her gun strongly. "Now, go. Get Castiel away from here, we'll hold them off." Dean stared to the three women who had showed their own strength and their weaknesses showed clearly, but they ignored them.

"What are you waiting for?" Ellen yelled, "Get going!" Dean turned to the hall way, then looked back to the three. Ellen. The mother who cared too much about the others around her. Jo. The daughter who cared about family and love. And Pamela. The woman who knew everything, but nothing of sense. All had become his family ­­ in just a matter of days.

"Go!" Jo yelled at Dean and he snapped into action. Running from his family, he ran into the kitchen and grabbed Castiel's hand without stopping.

"Wait!" Castiel yelled. Running into the flamed back room, he grabbed his precious music box. Yanking the angel out of the door, across the battle field he ran towards the barn. Snapping the gun at the lock on the door, Dean pulled Castiel inside and threw a saddle onto one of the horses. Letting the sheep out, he quickly sat on the horse pulling Castiel up along with him ­­ and they ran into the darkness with out another look back.