You Know My Name

(A day of note seventy nine)

(A day before)

Dean and Castiel slipped down the hall like they had done for the past week, going down the stairs and going into the kitchen Dean began making the usual of eggs and warmed bread and butter. "Im going into town later to collect somethings. Would you like anything while Im down there?"

"Books." Castiel replied cleanly.

Dean laughed, "Other than books. How about a drawing book? So you could draw in it and keep the drawings somewhere safe?"

Castiel nodded.

"Okay. I'll remind myself to get that." He smiled serving breakfast to Castiel. "I'll be back." He smiled walking out of the kitchen and down the hall to the room where he kept his journal for Castiel's life.

Someone screamed. Dean wrenched his head to the door, "Cas?" He muttered, taking off running to the kitchen he ran into Ellen as he pushed him away.

"Stay away. Call the mayor, there's a monster in there." She screamed pushing him away from the kitchen.

"No. He's not. Look, I can explain!!" He ran into the kitchen seeing Castiel trying to get away, his wings had throwing things this way and that way. "Cas, its okay." He reassured, arms out in surrender with his hands up. "Its okay, they wont hurt you.

"Call the mayor!!" She yelled again.

Castiel's eyes flickering with horror.

"No!!" Dean bellowed back.

"Momma, whats all the yelling?" Jo walked behind her mother seeing the creature, and Dean moving cautiously towards it.  

"What is that?!"

"Silence, the both of you!!" Dean yelled over his shoulder.

"Get it out of here." Ellen muttered.

"No ones leaving this room." Dean stated as he turned to the two in the doorway staring over his shoulder to the creature with wings behind him. "Look, I can explain all of this."

"What is that thing?"

"Listen." Dean said again, "This is Castiel. There was a storm a while ago, and he got caught in it. He found the barn and every since then he's been here."

"Do you know what he'll cause us when they find him?" Ellen asked, "They will kill him, and us. He is an abomination."

"They wont find him as long as it is just between us­­."

"And how long we you planning on keeping him a secret?" Jo asked.

"A while." He commented, "Look, this stays between us or you can find home somewhere else. If this gets anywhere and the mayor hears about this, we're all going to Hell. Got it?" Jo and Ellen looked to Castiel behind Dean, Castiel's wings were drawn to him in fear. His arms around him in comfort as he stood closer to Dean no as if the bond between them showed physically for standing so close together. Jo nodded, and with a glance to the three, so did Ellen.

"Good." Dean said looking around the room to the broken cup and plate, tossed chair, vase, table cloth, all over the floor.

Dean looked back to Castiel, practically looking down since Castiel was so close. "Its okay Cas." He smiled, "Its gonna be okay." Looking back to Ellen and Jo, "You are going to protect Castiel as you do to me, he's gonna be here for a long time."

He said, "Give him the space and respect he needs." Walking off, Castiel hurried after him like a lost puppy. It would be a tougher secret to keep between more people, but the biggest problem is to not tell the secret himself.