Close Your Eyes

Dean and Castiel had kept riding until the morning, the sun coming over the horizon lightly. Only woods around them, having no clue as to where they were but they knew they had to keep moving and keep going straight. Away from the town and further into the woods.

They knew that Ellen, Jo, and Pamela had fought their lives in that house. With every last breath until the moment they were beat down or shot ­­ they fought a glorious battle. The town had found that Dean and Castiel were gone from the house and ran away, sending out a search ­­ they never really got to finding them so in the end, they gave up and let the burnt house stay in ashes.

As for Dean and Castiel, they road the horse as long as they could. Finding enough water and food as they could, hunted if they had to. But Castiel still made sure that he had his music box with him, he'd play it every night so they could sleep to it.

The horse had long after been let into the wild, and Castiel gave is goodbye to the horse. Dean watched when Castiel gave his kind hug to the horse and walked off, and they continued walking. For days they had been walking through the woods, hand in hand with the song of the music box playing lightly. They had passed towns by now, but they didn't dare stop for them.

Continuing on, their names were nothing but stories now. Angels were merely folklores and the story of the star crossed lovers, one a human and the other an angel, was a story told to children in their beds at night. With Dean's workmanship, he created a tiny cabin in the woods and every day he would go out with his knife that started everything and hunt for them. Getting the fire woods and every day he'd come back, he'd hear the song of the music box again and again.

It wasn't long enough that time passed like seconds and the cabin expanded, and Dean was growing older. Castiel had noticed that the days passed and he too was growing tired, but it was anything but death. Love. Love was growing him again. His arms were stronger and wings as well, his eyes grew older and bluer. He was changing because of the love that allowed him to. And every day the music box that had been played, grew slower and slower.