Sweet Dreams Are Made

Castiel joined beside Dean as he laid in his bed, holding his hand Dean looked down at Castiel with a smile. "My angel." He croaked. Leaning down, he let Dean's hand stroke his cheek lightly.

"The fire is out." He reminded.

Dean nodded, "It's getting cold now. Light a fire later."

His still green eyes searched Castiel's calm and young face. "The music box?"

Castiel reached over and placed the music box on Dean's chest, Dean wrapped his hands around it and flicked the lock up. The music box was growing old now, the tune would some times miss the bar and sound off. But they didn't mind it.

Dean smiled at it. "It's still so beautiful."

Cas winded up the knob and song began playing slowly again, laying his head on Dean's arm he looked up at him. He hummed along gently. Dean smiled down at Castiel, listening to the song and Castiel's soft humming. Castiel's wing came up and covered itself on Dean, wrapping him up lightly and giving him warmth. He lightly clasped his hand over Dean's on the music box and closed his eyes.

"Could you tell me the story of the star crossed lovers again?" Cas asked, still keeping his eyes closed.

"Again?" Dean laughing lightly, "How about you tell me this time?"

Dean placed his other hand on Castiel's cheek, stroking his cheek bone. "Okay." He stared, "Once apon a time, there were two diferent people. They belonged together, but no one knew. One day there was a big storm and the angel found himself lost ­­," Castiel shifted under Dean's hand. "And he found a little barn and went inside, but the next morning a man came into the barn and they both were scared." Dean smiled placing his hand on the music box over Castiel's again.

"So, every morning the man would bring a basket of cheese, wine, and bread and give it to the angel as an of gift. And every day the angel would trust the man a little more. One day, when the man and angel trusted each other, the man invited the angel into his house." Castiel opened his eyes and looked to their hands clasped over the music box. "The man gave the angel a music box and promised that he would always protect him and care for him ­­ because he loved the angel."

Dean smiled.

"And the angel promised the man that he would stay there and love him forever because the man was broken and the angel promised that he would fix him, and make every thing better." He smiled, "They picked apples from the orchard, and danced in the living room, and snuck around in the morning to eat breakfast and watch the sun rise and take the sheep and horses out of the barn." He laughed lightly, "And every morning, the man would wrestle to get away from angel's wing because the angel would alway hug him with his big wings and never let him leave the bed."

Castiel's voice cracked.

"Because he loved him. He didn't want anything to happen to the man, and one day the town was angry and they hurt the man. The angel was scared, and they ran away with each other so no one could hurt them anymore. They walked as far as they could, and they made a little cabin out in the middle of no where. And the man started getting older, and he grew tired and sleepy."

Castiel looked up at Dean and Dean smiled again.

"And every night the angel would hum to the music box, and hug the man because he was afraid he would lose him forever." Castiel's smiled faded, and his blue eyes fogged up with a brim of tears. "He was so afraid that every night he would stay beside the man and sing him the lullaby, and every morning he would make sure there was enough fire wood to keep the man warm and enough food to keep the man happy. But the angel would always smile and make sure the man was happy and loved ­­." A tear fell from Castiel's eyes, "Because he loved the man." "And the man loved him." Dean mumbled, closing his eyes and smiled.

The song on the music box stopped and Castiel rested his head on Dean's arm again, closing his eyes his tears fell down and his wings kept where they were. Hugging Dean Winchester, because for as long as he knew ­­ Dean loved him. Keeping his hands under Dean's for a moment more, he winded up the music box and looked to Dean with his clouded eyes. Pressing a longing and gentle kiss to his forehead, he stared at Dean smiling face.

And he smiled.

And smiled.

And smiled and smiled.

He died... and he smiled.