The Gone

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black ┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"Waiting for the sirens, signsAny signs, I'm alive here"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"Waiting for the sirens, signs
Any signs, I'm alive here"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"Hold out your arm." Voldemort orders Wormtail.

I'm seething with anger and vengeance but I can't move.

"Master. Thank you master." Wormtail cries joyfully.

Voldemort sticks his wand into Wormtail's arm. The sky changes colour and thunder erupted from the clouds...others have been summoned. I turned to lie on my side, gradually pulling myself up to lean against Harry's legs whilst he whispers how sorry he is to me.

"Welcome my friends. Thirty years it's been, and yet you stand before me as though it were only yesterday. I confess myself disappointed, not one of you tried to find me!" Voldemort simpered, seemingly floating around the circle of death eaters.

Voldemort began slashing angrily at the hooded figures. Their masks turned to blackened mist and they dropped to the floor in fear.

"Not even you, Lucius."

I always knew the Malfoy's were bad news, sure, but death eaters? I hadn't actually thought they were. I made the mistake of letting my gaze travel to Cedric's body-I struggle to suppress the loud screams that wanted to escape my lips but I had to be silent.

"My lord. Had I detected any sign or even a whisper of your whereabouts-" Lucius began.

"There were signs my friend, and more than whispers!" Voldemort dismissed the excuse.

"I assure you I never renounced the old ways. The face I have been obliged to present each day since your absence, that was my true mask!" Lucius vowed.

"I returned." Wormtail said as if he were a younger sibling trying to kiss up to his mum.

"Out of fear, not loyalty. Still you have proved yourself useful these past few months Wormtail." Voldemort floated over to Cedric's body and as he did I found the strength to stand up and face him. "Oh, such a handsome boy."

"Don't you fucking touch him" I snarled viscously.

"You killed him!" Harry cried out.

Harry struggled to get free from the grips of the statues.

"Harry! Nerezza, I'd almost forgotten you were here. Standing on the bones of my father. I'd introduce you but word has it you're almost as famous as me these days. The boy who lived and Daughter of Sirius Black. How lies have fed your legend Harry. Shall I reveal what really happened that night thirteen years ago? Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers?" Voldemort offered.