122. to polis

"Here." I muttered, handing Bellamy a couple of bags. He gave me a small nod of acknowledgment before turning to throw them into the Rover. 

He and Clarke had finally convinced Roan to help us, and thus our next destination was Polis. Here was where we wound find Ontari, implant the Flame in her head and then shut down ALIE...well that was the goal. Nerves coursed through my body at the prospect of entering the Grounder capital, which was no doubt crawling with chipped people, but I knew it needed to be done.

"Knock out gas. Mount Weather's finest." Miller announced, joining Bellamy and I at the back of the Rover as he loaded several gas masks and canisters. "As soon as they bring Ontari out, we put 'em to sleep."

A slow smile spread across my face as Bellamy slapped Miller on the chest. "Nice work."

"Because she's chipped," Raven began, limping toward us with a large item in her hand. "You'll have to EMP her like you did me before you give her the Flame." she explained, passing the EMP device to Bellamy.

"I thought Jaha destroyed all the wristbands?" Jasper questioned, speaking for the firs time since we had returned home.

 "So did he. But then I came home." Raven answered, a smug smile on her face. "There's only enough usable parts to rebuild one so use it wisely. Made a few improvements too."

Clarke, being ever the optimist, took a step toward Raven. "None of which is going to matter if you can't get us access to ALIE's code."

Raven's face dropped the smile as she gave Clarke a serious look. "You worry about the Nightblood. I'll worry about ALIE."

Jasper, who seemed to be full of questions tonight, took a few steps toward the group of us. "How can you access a code that's not even here anymore?"

Monty arrived at Raven's side with a hopeful smile. "We've got a plan."

"What are we waiting for!?" Octavia called, entering the room with an armed Roan by her side. 

Bellamy glanced toward Roan, his face hinting in hesitation. "Let's move out." he called. 

Hugs were given left, right and centre, reminding me too much of the last time we had left Arkadia. I was nervous then, nervous that I wouldn't see my friends again, but this time those nervous were multiplied by one hundred. We were quite literally heading into the centre of this battle.

---

"You ever been to Polis?"

I pulled my attention away from where it had been focused on the road in front of us, instead focusing on Roan who sat beside me, watching me with a curious smile.

I shook my head, forcing down the lump in my throat. "No." I answered, my voice sounding weak. 

He gave a small nod, "You're scared." he observed, noting the shakiness in my voice. 

I pursed my lips, letting out a deep breath. "I'm not scared." I lied, hoping he would buy it. 

Roan smirked ever so slightly. "That's why you're shaking, right?"

I narrowed my eyes at him, shoving my hands into the jacket of my pocket to hide the fact that they were indeed trembling. "I always shake like that." I muttered, causing Bryan and Miller to share quick smiles with each other, amused by my lying. 

"What's going on back there?" Bellamy called from the front, briefly looking over his shoulder at us. 

I rolled my eyes, "Nothing, Bellamy. Just focus on the road." I ordered, noting how he pursed his lips in frustration.