123. up the tower

A grunt flew through the air as another punch was delivered to Nathan Miller's face.

Nausea washed over me as I watched him take the impact, blood flying from his mouth. 

After we had been caught, they had bound each of our hands before leading us back into the dark tunnel.

For the last five minutes they had beaten on Miller, waiting for him to break.

"Stop!" I yelled, this being the fifth time I had begged for them to stop.

So when the actually stopped, I was shocked.

However my shook soon turned to horror as they turned on us. "Get him up." One of the Arkadian guards ordered. "She wants Bellamy." By she, I knew they meant ALIE.

My eyes grew wide as I vehemently shook my head. "No!" I argued, watching as the guards latched onto his arms. "Wait! Where are you taking him-"

I was cut off as a gun was driven into my stomach, causing me to lose my breath for a second. "Stay back!" the guard snapped.

"Hey!" Bellamy yelled, trying to fight against their hold. "Don't touch her!"

I let out a pained gasp, my worried eyes looking up to him.

"Avery, it's okay." he promised, but his eyes were full of fear. "It's going to be okay."

I've learned to never trust someone when they said this. From my experience, it was almost never 'okay.'

As they began to pull Bellamy away from us, a new but familiar voice filled the dark tunnel. "You know, if I were you I'd hit the deck."

I couldn't see past Bellamy, but it didn't take long for me to register who this voice belonged to.

"Murphy?" Bellamy questioned, just as confused as I was. Despite his confusion, Bellamy listened to Murphy's warning. "Everybody hit the ground! Now!"

We all did as he said, each of us dropping to the cold, hard ground as fast as we could. The guards stood in place, utterly lost as to what was going on.

Not seconds after we had hit the ground, gunshots sounded off, bullets ricocheting off the tunnel walls.

I brought my bound hands up to cover my head, cringing as bodies fell around us.

Finally, the gunfire ceased and a shocked silence settled over the space.

Slowly, I pulled my hands away from my head, shifting my body to look up.

"Fancy meeting you here." Murphy muttered to Bellamy as he made his way toward us, two people behind him.

"More will come." Indra announced, putting a name to one of the figures. "We have to hurry."

"Here."

I looked up to see Murphy, his hand stuck out to help me up.

I grinned as I allowed him to pull me off the ground. "I've gotta say, John. I don't think I've ever been so happy to see you."

Murphy smirked as he undid the ties around my wrist . "Nice to see you too, Collins."

It was in that moment as I grinned back at Murphy that I finally realized who the other person with him and Indra was.

I felt anger course through my veins as I looked between Murphy and Pike. "What the hell is he doing here?" I demanded, hearing Octavia questioning Indra in the same manner.

Murphy stepped between us, preventing me from moving any further. "Relax." he warned. "We need the extra hands."

I looked back at him indignantly. "Murphy, do you know what he did. He's-"