The Agent

Kate's POV

"Turn to the next exit." I press the off button on the GPS, traffic was a lot worse than what I expected in Washington, D.C.

I was sent here for an investigation on an animal attack that had killed more than 4 people in the last 2 days. They sent me a file on the description of the animal, black and gray fur, blood red eyes, teeth 2 inches long, and claws that could smash through a steel door. "Hey watch where ya goin." I step on the brakes, inches before hitting the guy in front of me. "Next time watch the damn light, asshole." I yell from my sun roof, the guy walks away, striding incredibly fast to the building I was heading to.

I give my car to the parking lot attendant, and walked to the nearest entrance of the building.

Revolving doors go around in front of a line of people trying to get in, and I see the guy that I almost hit with my car. He passes through the crowd and doesn't even bother checking in to the front desk. "Hello, Welcome to FBI Headquarters. How may I help you?" The receptionist probably in her mid 20's, sits in front of me. Her hair in soft curls that frame her face, she is barely wearing any makeup, and has the scent of a very expensive perfume. You could tell her was very uncomfortable in the pencil skirt that her boss probably forced her to put on, she looks at me with awe. I show her my ID and she immediately knows who I am, taking off my sunglasses, I see the strange guy talking to the Head of Department.

"Here you go." She hands me a visitors pass, "Just dial the pin on the tablet and it will take you to the meeting room on the top floor." I nod at the young lady and head for the elevator.

4 floors is all that took to enter into a room full of desks and boards full with victims of the attacks. Agents run and walk around me, I spot the office of people waiting for me. "Here she is, Ms. Kate Argent. Hopefully your trip to Washington wasn't difficult to get here." I look around and find the eyes of the idiot who crossed the red light. "Thank you, it's a pleasure to be here." He points to the seat beside him, "Please sit down in front of Agent McCall." 'So that's the idiot, maybe now I could put a name to the face.' Everyone in the room watches me sit down, and look through the file on the table.

"As you may have heard, we have recently found the body of Jessica Ring. Her body was found down in a well, she has been bitten 3 times, one bite on her left and right shoulder, while another on her thigh. She was scratched down her back, which was the last wound to be inflicted before her heart gave out." I read the victims description from the other past victims and none of it matches. "You said that she was a brunette, the animals past victims were all blondes. Have you even tested for the hair around the bites, animals tend to leave their hair behind, which makes it easier to track." Some laughs comes from the agents sitting next to me, "Ms. Argent you seem to talk about these creatures as if their people. We have never had an animal attack on a human in years, it's been very rare and many people have a fear of going to the park now." He continues his presentation for 15 more minutes.

"That's it. We will go down to the park and search for evidence after lunch, everyone meets there." We grab our papers and excuse ourselves from the table, Agent McCall seems to be the last one to leave like me. "Hopefully I didn't scratch your car today in the morning." He whispers to me, "Hopefully you made your appointment with your eye doctor, because the light for the pedestrian's was red, which means no more watching or you'll be mush." I push against the table grabbing a box of evidence and taking it to my desk.

He finishes up in the room, before he comes out to his desk, which is in front of me. 'Great.' "You seem to know more than us, more about this animal. What did you say you do again?" I look up from the computer, "I didn't. My family is a group of hunters, we protect the people from animals that attack our town. So I'm sorry if I treat the animals like people." He smiles at me before he begins his work. "Even though some of them are." He shoots his head up to look at me, "What did you say." I pretend to not hear his question and just continue on with my work.