125. between life and death

I was on a beach, not like the one we had been on only days earlier in search of Luna, but rather a large one that seemed to run on forever, surrounded by large mountains. The sun shone down on me, warming my skin as calming waves crashed from beyond. It was beautiful and so, so peaceful.

Looking down at my feet, I noticed that they were bare, buried in the warm sand. A flowing white dress hung from my body.

My legs were free of the usual scratches and bruises, my hands no longer coated in dirt like they always seemed to be. Most significantly, there no longer existed a gaping hole in my abdomen.

"Aves!"

The calling of my name caused me to turn in a hurry. Because unlike the last time I had dreamt of him, I didn't feel fear this time, I felt elated.

The sight of my brother running toward me caused me so much happiness I could barely keep myself standing.

I didn't wait for him to reach me, instead I took off toward him, throwing my body into his in a bone crushing hug. "You're here!" I cried, gripping onto him more tightly, "You're really here."

Finn let out a laugh, the one I had missed so much, "That I am, little sister."

I felt a grin spread across my face as I pulled away from him, taking in all of his features. "Two minutes." I reminded him, "That's all you have on me."

Another laugh fell from his lips as he nodded toward where he had come from, "Come on. I have some people who want to see you."

I didn't argue, desperate to spend any time with my brother, not caring exactly what we were doing.

I watched my twin the entire time we walked the length of the beach, terrified that he would disappear if I didn't.

With my eyes so focused on Finn, I didn't notice that we had stopped outside of a house. It was rather modest in size, but seemed so inviting I couldn't help but want to enter. At some point, we had veered from the beach and now stood in some kind of valley, the quaint house being at the centre of it.

Finn motioned toward the front door, "After you m'lady."

I gave him a wide grin as I slowly approached the home, turning the doorknob and entering into the warm space.

As Finn and I emerged into the house, voices could instantly be heard carrying from further within.

I looked to my brother in curiosity. Despite the unknown voices, I didn't feel scared. Once again I felt at peace.

Silently, Finn guided me through the house, the airiness and warmness of the environment making it so I never wanted to leave.

We walked through the entire house, coming to the backyard.

Finn gave me a quick wink before pulling the backdoor open, revealing the large, green yard that was covered in gardens upon gardens. It was breathtaking.

But what was most shocking was not the green grass or beautiful flowers. What had me really losing my breath was the sight of people.

However, it wasn't just any people that filled that yard, it was those who we had lost, my friends who had died before they really had a chance to live.

Lincoln, Maya, Atom, Wells and Monroe were seated around a large table, laughing amongst each other.

At our arrival, each of them looked up at us, all of them wearing inviting smiles as their eyes landed on me.