Chapter 33 - Our hands fit like puzzle pieces

Semi-edited

"What are you doing here?" I ask confused glancing at Chris than at Mark

"Mark called me over here and demanded I took you to a club," Chris replies while scratching the back of his neck nervously.

Mark, son of a gun.

I swear he's going to get the boot one day.

"Mark?" I ask looking at him with a frown.

"What?"

"I thought we were supposed to go together?" I say now trying to hide the irritation I feel for him, and for the situation, he put me in.

"I thought Chris would make better company for you," He replies cheery, he walks over to the couch and plops down on it and crosses his arms on his chest.

"Get your arse off my damn couch and go get ready!" I exclaim.

"No."

"I'm going to kill you Mark I swear," I threaten, and point my finger in his direction.

"I have no doubt you will, but I'm doing this for your own good."

"How is this for my own good?"

"You're running away like a scared little cat." He replies flatly.

How dare he...

"You have no idea what you're talking about."

"Chris," Mark calls out, and turns his head towards him, "Is she running away like a scared pussy cat?"

"Yup."

Gaining up on me again I see...

I whip towards Chris and give him my best glare.

"How dare you!"

He steps towards me and glares at me back, "It's true, you date my best friend, break up with him, make out with me in my car, then ignore my calls and texts, what are you so scared of?" he asks grabbing my waist and pulling me flush against him.

"I'm not afraid of anything," I say stubbornly.

"Yes you are," He says and scoffs.

"I'm afraid of you breaking my heart," I whisper, feeling his grip on my waist tighten slightly.

"Why do you think I'm going to do that to you?" He questions, staring at me.

"Every guy I've been with has, that's why," I admit embarrassed, looking down at our feet.

He grips my jaw with his hand and turns it back up to him."If you haven't noticed, this isn't a game to me, I'm not like the guys you've dated in the past, I care about you."

"I know," I mumble.

"Good," Chris says while placing a kiss on my forehead. "Shall we?" He asks pulling away from me and extending his hand out to me.