Chapter 50 - The devil's hand

Semi-edited

Don't be a silent reader, I want to hear you guys!

"I'm your daddy, sweetie pie." replays over and over in my head as my heart sinks to the ground.

I pray to the God above that it isn't who I think it is.

The one person I thought would never hurt me and come after me like this is behind this.

I don't know how to feel hurt, angry, betrayed?

My blood runs cold as I stare into the now cold eyes that I once remembered to be a warm brown.

My once loving father takes off his hood and sends me a smirk. "Didn't expect it to be, huh?"

I take a shaky step back and jump when something crushes under my foot. Not taking my gaze off of his, I utter the only word that I can get out, "Why?"

Staring at me he advances to me and grips my chin hard in his hand, I wince back in pain, "You're so selfish," he sneers right in my face, "You killed my pride and joy, you killed Chase."

He whips his hand back and slaps me in the face; the impact causing me to stagger back and fall onto Mark, he lets out a groan once my body contacts his.

"I'm so sorry, Mark," I say, jumping off of him and standing directly in front of him, hiding him from my father.

"You killed my son, you left me with nothing. My wife is now a shell of the woman I used to know. You took my happiness away, and left me with nothing." he yells, grabbing my shoulder and pushing me onto my hurt best friend again. "Why do you think you are who you are today?" he asks, not getting a reply from me he continues, "because of me I'm the one who put you in acting, I'm the reason you have all your money... that makes it rightfully mine, you brat."

Shaking my head while tears pour down my face, "I am who I am today because I worked hard."

"Would you have become an actor if it wasn't because of me and your mother?"

I don't know how to answer that question; I mean yes my parents put me in acting when I was seven... I didn't have a choice if I wanted to or not.

But everything that I am today is because of me, I've worked hard and I've grown stronger since losing Chase. My parents left me and disowned me after Chase's funeral. They hated everything about me.

They left me. I didn't leave them.

"Cat got your tongue?" he grits out, "All your success is because of me, If you hadn't killed your brother I wouldn't be drowning myself with drugs, you piece of shit."

Slap after slap hits everywhere on my body, I wince and tears pool out of my eyes at a faster pace as I try to dodge each hit. Mark groans and weakly reaches out to me from where he sits on his chair.