Chapter 48 - A Show is better with more than one person watching.

Semi-edited

Remember don't be a silent reader!

I reach out and pull her against my body before her's can hit the ground.

"Who the hell are you?" she screams into the phone, her body vibrating because of her trembles against mine.

Staring into the phone in horror, no words can leave my lips.

Mark's strapped against a chair, his head is dropped forward in pain. Bloody cut's cover his body, his chest heaves with body wracking sobs as he raises his gaze and meets Lola's. He opens his mouth to say something but is quickly stopped when someone's fist contacts his cheek. Mark is flung backwards toppling backwards against the chair, his screams fill the line as Lola's sobs match his.

"Mark," she screams, "Who are you? What do you want?"

The hooded and masked man sets the phone down and walks over towards Mark. He yanks him back up and gives him a slap in the face.

I flinch against Lola's body as I imagine how much that hurt his already blooded cheek.

Lola pleads between sobs, "Please don't hurt him, if you're trying to hurt me come and get me, not him!"

A tear slips out the corner of my eye as I watch the girl I've grown to love plead for someone to take her life instead of Marks.

A thunderstorm of thoughts rushes through my mind. Who would want to hurt Lola so much that they take Mark's life to cause her pain?

I will not lie, the thought that it could be Dante has run through my mind a few times. I know he has anger management issues that have gotten him thrown into a cell several times. However, him stalking and hurting Mark was something I would have never expected to even cross his mind.

Lola's broken voice causes me to snap out of my thoughts, I hold her tighter against my chest as he hunches forward in pain.

"Mark, my munchkin, where are you?"

"Hm," the hooded main hums, walking around Mark. He slowly pulls a knife out of his pocket and drags it teasingly across his throat, "Munchkin I would answer wisely if I were you," he mocks, spit hits Mark's face.

"Mark, say nothing," Lola chokes out, gripping her phone tighter in her small hands.

"Oh Lola," the man taunts, "There's going to be nothing left of Mark once I'm finished with him." he says with fake sadness, "Unless you do as I say."

My blood boils.

"You're such a pussy," I sneer into the phone.

Laughter filled with no happiness fills the line as Lola tenses against my body. I grip her shanking hand in mine and squeeze to offer her some sort of comfort.