Chapter 39 - I'm not an easy girl

Semi-edited 

You're welcome...

Mad... that's the best word I describe Chris's mood as in the moment.

I told him I've forgiven Dante, he's not pleased with my decision. "Why the hell would you forgive a douchebag like him?"

I run my fingers through his curly hair and sigh, "Because he apologized," I say placing my finger on Chris's plump lips when he tries to interrupt me, I narrow my eyes when he gives me a pout and continue. "He sounded sincere, plus he's your friend. I don't want to ruin your friendship."

I yelp and jump up from the bed when I feel Chris bite down onto my finger, I slap his chest playfully as he grabs my hips and pulls me on top of him. He places his hands behind his head and cuddles my body into his.

I know what you're thinking...

Yes, I did stay the night at Chris's place after going to meetings all day yesterday, but nothing happened between us. We ordered Greek food, stayed up late watching the Sopranos then cuddled in his bed while talking till the sun rose and displayed a beautiful sunrise on the morning sky.

I tried to get up from the bed multiple times but Chris wasn't having it. He claims we still have plenty of time before we have to go to work.

He ignores my claims that I have to go home and get dressed with the wave of his hand.

Today starts the countdown of two weeks left of filming Endlessly.

I'm really sad that it's all coming to an end. I wonder where this movie is all going to lead us? What will Chris do after this? What if he gets a role and has to move away in order to be casted?

The thought never crossed my mind, what if that hurts us as a couple?

Deciding to ignore the depressing thoughts I focus on the now, and not the what-ifs.

"First of all you did not ruin our friendship... he did by kicking you out on the side of the road," He takes a deep breath as he prepares to continue, "Or how about him acting like an animal that night when he knew you were around, that's disgusting. He was out of control, what if he hurt you?"

"He wouldn't have."

Chris grunts, "What makes you think that?"

I rest my chin on his chest running my pointer finger along his sharp jawline, and smile "Because you were there to protect me."

He moves his head to kiss my finger and mumbles against it, "What if I wasn't?"

"Your one phone call away," I say strongly.

Chris looks down at my lips with a loving gaze, "One phone call butterfly, I'll come guns blazing."

The hand that was rested on my back raised as Chris runs his thumb along my bottom lip. My breathing hitches due to the small touches of his skin against mine.