Chapter 44 - BLOOD IS RED, YOU'RE FRIEND WAS ALMOST DEAD

Semi-edited

Remember don't be a silent reader, I wanna hear you guys! :))

 Running down the hospital hallway on my way to Mark, my mind fills with terrible thoughts

Today as I was leaving my condo for my morning coffee a note was left on my doormat.

A gasp left my lips as I read the note.

BLOOD IS RED, YOU'RE FRIEND WAS ALMOST DEAD, YOUR HEART'S GOING TO FILL WITH LOT'S OF DREAD.

Tears leak out of my eyes as I push my legs faster. As I pass people in the hallway, they either give me looks of piety or they look at me like I'm crazy.

I push my baseball cap farther down my face as I try to hide my identity from all the peering eyes.

I twist the knob of Mark's hospital room hard as I barge inside, getting naususes about what I might see.

I stop my tracks as I raise an eyebrow, I slowly tiptoe to his body.

Confused, I sit in the chair next to where he lies.

Nothing is wrong with Mark, he looks the same as how I left him yesterday.

I grab the scrunch up note from my pocket and whisper it out loud, "Blood is red, You're friend was almost dead, your heart's going to fill with lots of dread."

"What does this mean?" I whisper to myself as I stare at the bolded capitalized note that was left on my doorstep.

"What are you doing??"

I jump back in fright at a man's voice behind me, I twist around in my chair fast, and place a hand behind my body to steady myself against the bed.

"Who are you?" My voice breaks as I stand up straight, looking the man dead in the eyes.

"You're friends doctor," He cocks his eyebrow at me, backing up towards the door, "I'll let you be, you seem off right now." Without giving me time to respond or think he walks out of the room.

Having this offsetting feeling in my gut I reach into my back pocket of my jeans and send a text to Chris.

Me: Can you please come to the hospital?

Not even seconds later Chris responds.

Chris: Of course butterfly is everything okay?

Looking up from my phone making eye contact with my best friend's sleeping body I notice something red on the inside of his palm.

Me: Come as fast as you can, but drive safely.

Chris: Will do babe.

Throwing my phone on the table not caring if it breaks I walk quickly to Mark's side and hold up his hand to inspect.