Chapter 51 - My light

Semi-edited

Remember don't be a silent reader! 

The beginning of the chapter takes place when Chris wakes up in the morning and finds Lola gone.

I'm blinded the moment my eyes get hit by the morning sunlight, I knew something was wrong immediately when the other side of the bed felt cold. I turn my face slowly towards where Lola should be and frown when my gaze meets an empty pillow.

Dread fills the pit of my stomach. I raise my body slowly out of my lying down position and glance around the room.

I turn my head slowly towards the washroom door, hoping to hear some sort of movement on the other side. Tears rush to my eyes as my heart falls along with the only hope I had left.

She left me.

My butterfly, my light is nowhere, and she might never come back.

I understand why she did it, but it doesn't mean I like it. I wish I could have woken me up, I wouldn't have stopped her, I would have gone with her.

Knowing that she could have possibly walked into her own death causes my heartbeat to quicken. I sit against the headboard and desperately grab my face with my shaking hands and let out an anguished breath as my throat closes against all my protests.

Breathe, breathe, you can do it. Lola's voice chants in my head. Which makes me panic even more. I stumble out of bed on my shaking legs to open a window that might supply me with relief.

Sticking my head out the window, I close my eyes when the cool breeze hits my watery eyes, making them feel instantly dry. My chest moves up and down slowly as I practice my breathing exercises.

I open my eyes and my body calms its rapid shakes.

As I advance to move back into the hotel, I hear the sound I dread most, a cameras click showing it has taken a picture.

My body stills and fills with panic, I turn my body towards the sound and find three men with their cameras pointed directly at me.

I flip them the bird and slam the curtains shut once I'm stately away from their prying eyes.

This is not what I needed right now, now the entire world is going to see a picture of me having a minor panic attack on the balcony of my hotel room.

A rapid knock interrupts my thoughts, wiping off the moisture from my cheeks. I walk over and open the door, coming face to face with a frantic Dante.

My blood boils.

I'm about to open my mouth and tell him to piss off when he pushes my chest and slams the door shut behind him. "I need you to listen to me, this is an emergency."

I walk towards him and give him my best glare, "I don't want to hear you're bullshit, I have my own problems right now."

I grab the cold metal door knob but I'm stopped from twisting it, "I know where Lola is." Turning my body slowly towards him he continues, "There's no time to explain how I know where she is, but you need to go now to be there for her. She's about to learn something heartbreaking, I'm leaving on a plane in twenty minutes to get to her and bring her to where you're going to meet her at the hospital. I couldn't get us on the same flight so you're forty minutes after me, here's the ticket," he hands me a ticket and gives me a nod, "The info where she'll be is on that sticky note," following his finger I look to where he points. My eyes glance over the information.