Dust In My Lungs

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"Your Skin, yeah your skin and bonesTurned into something beautiful You know, for you I'd bleed myself dry"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"Your Skin, yeah your skin and bones
Turned into something beautiful
You know, for you I'd bleed myself dry"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

It had been months after my Father's death.

Yet I still found waking up everyday, exhausting.

I was eating a bit more than two months prior but I'd lost some weight, my cheekbones were starting to look like Bellatrix's. I'd let my hair grow back out, longer than before, now it sat just below my breasts-it was a harsh reminder of the colour of my dads hair.

I'd braided a strand of leather from one of my father's many bracelets into a piece of my hair where it was never taken out.

About a month ago, The Weasley's had suggested going back to the Burrow. They said they'd missed it but I knew it was really because of the state Grimmauld Place was in...everything was dark-darker than before.

It was so quiet too...I didn't realise how nice it was when Sirius was alive just to hear him.

I'd give anything to hear him and Remus laughing in the kitchen, to hear him mutter to himself whilst he tried to find the book he was looking for in the library, to hear him hum songs whilst Remus and I cooked together.

Grimmauld Place was dark and dreary when he was alive, but with him, Remus and the Weasley's plus Harry, it felt warm. It felt like home.

And now...standing in the empty corridors as Kreacher mumbled profanities, it seemed that I was more alone than ever.

Remus was at the burrow now. I'd said I would Apparate once I'd packed but I hadn't moved from my place in the house.

It was almost like...before I was reunited with my father, I'd been stumbling through life. Struggling to find my place, struggling to breathe and live knowing I had this darkness inside me; then he came back and it was like for the first time...I could breathe. He'd taken my hand and lead me out of the darkness and made me alive again.

Reality slapped me in the face in the form of a cold breeze running under my Father's bedroom door. He was dead. He was dead and I had to get used to the dust in my lungs...I had to get used to not breathing again.

"I was beginning to think you had ditched me" Remus chuckled softly from just in front of the front door.

I stayed silent for a moment, staring blankly at the wall whilst I sat on the bottom step.