Chapter 33 'By Your Side'

Even if I am not longer by your side, I will always be there. If you need me, I will be there. Because the side next to you belongs to me forever. I love you, my dear -

(Picture above is Blaze and Duyon)

Duyon's POV

We sat at the table in front of each other. Bella has gone to stay over with Keith (Blaze's brother). Lily is Keith's daughter, she's going to the same school as Bella. She's staying with her for a couple of days because Blaze and I need to do something important.

''You've been depressed all week. What's going on?"I asked Blaze who was sitting at the table in front of me. I can't take it anymore to see him so depressed when I can't even help him.

He looked very tired. The bags under his eyes didn't get any better either. "I can't find work anywhere" He said in a tense tone without looking at me. His attention was only on the white table in front of us. He couldn't look me in the eye.

''That's not so bad. There is no rush'' I told him in a warm tone. We don't need any money right now. I have saved enough to live for at least another three years with Bella and Blaze. Without Blaze having to work.

''No, Duyon. I feel hopeless because I don't contribute anything to you and Bella. I'm a grown man, so I have to be financially stable'' He said in a serious tone before getting up.

I also got up and followed him to our bedroom. '' I'm sorry, Blaze. I didn't though you were suffering because of this'' I told him before sitting down on the bed while he was still standing in front of me. This time his eyes were on me. A mixture of shock and sadness was written on his face.

''If you want, you can start a business. I'll help you with that. Better than working for a boss'' I said with a smile. I just hope he would accept my offer.

''But you've already done enough for me'' He said in a defeated tone while looking me in the eyes. I got up to walk to him. "No, everything that's mine is yours too" I told him. ''What are the things you like to do?'' I asked him. I never saw him do anything only exercising or working. I don't even know what his hobbies are.

''Back in the day, I loved to paint. But I stopped when I turned fifteen'' He said before grabbing his phone from the back pocket of his jeans. He showed me some of his paintings he made when he was younger.

''Are you kidding me!? Those paintings are beautiful!'' I said in disbelief while looking again at the pictures on his phone. ''Why don't you become a painter? You have the talent'' I told him. He looked unsure of something.

'''But it's almost thirteen years ago when I painted something'' He said in a hard tone. He doesn't believe in his talent. ''Go and buy the things you need in order to paint something. Paint something that you are very interested in'' I said before walking to the living room. I didn't want to wait for his answer because the longer he thinks about it the faster he's doubting my idea.

''Duyon, I need inspiration in order to paint. I have no idea what to paint'' He told me. I grabbed the car keys that were on the table before handing them to him. ''Go and buy the stuff. You can do it'' I told him with a smile. He looked more stressed out than he was a second ago.

''Paint something you love. There needs to be something where your interest is. The sea? or animals or even the food you like. Anything will do'' I told him while looking at his confused expression.

''Alright, I will do it. But what time does your class start?'' He asked me. I looked at my watch before looking back at him. ''Within the hour, until night. Today it's starting in the afternoon'' I told him. I really hated classes at night but that's what I signed up for when I went to university.