Chapter 23 ' I've Lost You'

Even if I hate you with all my life. My heart still beats for you -

(Picture above is Ren)

Duyon's POV

''What do you think of the house?'' I asked Ren who was now walking downstairs from the rooms. ''The penthouse is beautiful. Did you really buy this today?'' Ren asked in disbelief. I nodded before walking to the kitchen. ''I ordered take out, so we won't be hungry. I didn't have time to do groceries'' I said after giving him a bag of MacDonald's food.

''Thank you!'' He said with a smile before taking a big bite from his big mac. I smiled ''We were sick worried when Keith wanted to visit you and heard you were released today'' Ren said after taking a sip from his large cola. '' I went to buy a car and house'' I said before taking a sip from my black coffee.

''You really did well with Blaze'' Ren said while looking at my face. ''You didn't have to give him your house and car but you still did'' Ren said with a frown. I shook my head ''He really changed. I couldn't recognize him at first'' I said. He looked awful and sickly pale.

''It hurts when I saw him in that state'' I said before taking a bigger sip from the bitter black coffee in my hand. ''You still love him, right?'' Ren asked. I looked at him and saw how sad his expression turned. I nodded.

Even after all those years I still can't bring myself to hate him. And after seeing his state back at the house, it pained me. ''But I moved on. The past is the past. And I will take on a new future without him'' I said in a serious tone. I don't plan to work our feelings out.

I went outside to the terrace for a smoke. ''Do you smoke?'' I asked Ren when I turned behind me. He followed me outside. He shook his head ''No'' He replied back before standing in front of me.

''Did you really only buy the house and car today?'' Ren asked in a hard tone. He really knows me well. How can I explain to him that I will adopt Bella from the mental hospital? Will he accept it?

I looked into his stare and smiled.

Ren's POV

''I'm going to adopt Bella'' Duyon said in a calm tone before taking a drag from his cigarette. I was shocked ''Bella from the mental hospital!?'' I asked. He nodded ''She needs a guardian in order for her to avoid her abusive dad'' He said in a serious tone.

''She's mute you know'' I said not understanding why he wanted to adopt her. '' That isn't something I care about. I only need permission from the court to adopt her. But it isn't that easy when I was also in a mental institution for 4 years'' He said with a frown. I smiled '' Duyon you really are something else. But if it's really something you want, go for it!'' I said with a smile looking at his shocked expression.

''I thought you weren't happy about my decision'' He said. ''I don't plan to bother you any longer. I need to move to my own place'' I said. He looked angry for some reason ''No Ren, don't think like that. You're like my brother. What's mine is yours'' He said in a hard tone before throwing his half cigarette on the terrace floor. It hurts to have him call me his brother.

'' I understand'' He said before walking back into the house. '' Duyon, please don't be sad'' I said after following him inside. He turned to look at me ''I can help you with money if you want to go'' He said in a serious tone before taking something from his jeans pocket. He handed me a silver credit card with my name on it. ''It's yours. You don't have anyone to take care of you, so let me do it as an older brother'' He said after giving me the silver card.