Chapter 5 'On Our Side?'

You must welcome change as the rule but not as your ruler -

Duyon's POV

We went inside a big room. In the middle of the room, there was a long table, where the members were sitting. Twenty-five members in total. Some men looked old but there were also young men. '' Welcome'' He said to me while pointing to an empty spot to sit on. They were all looking at me, some even glaring.

'' Duyon will be the new member starting today'' Giovann said after sitting next to me on the boss seat. I looked around and spotted the tattooed guy from before and Tony. Tony was the leader of a yakuza group, called Black Eye. But he is also friends with Kyle. Why is he here?

'' There around twenty members on a mission. That's why there are not so many members here'' Giovann said.

''Boss, how can you accept a new member without knowing him?'' A big bald guy asked, who was sitting together with us by the table. Some members nodded in agreement with his question.

'' That's why I brought him here'' He said before looking at me. '' Can you fight?'' He asked me. I nodded. '' Can you use a gun and knife?'' He asked. I nodded again. He was testing me.

'' Are you willing to give your life to this group?'' He asked me. '' Yes'' I said in a serious tone looking at all the members.

'' Are you willing to use your body for a mission?'' He asked. I nodded. I hope this question isn't what I think it is.

'' Do you hate Kyle with all your life?'' He asked me. I smiled. '' Yes, If I have the chance, I would love to skin him alive before taking all his blood from his body and feeding it to all the vampires in this city'' I said in a serious tone while looking at Giovann who was smirking, then to Tony who looked shocked and, to the members, some frowned and, some smiled at my comment.

'' Are you willing to kill innocent people?'' He asked. I nodded. '' Are you gay?'' He asked but this time in a hard tone. '' No'' I said. '' We hate gay people and believe that being gay is a mental illness'' He said in a serious tone. I looked around and saw all the members nodding in agreement.

I was speechless. How can loving someone with the same gender be a mental illness? I felt straight away sick from his anti-gay comment. '' Gay people are weak. We killed a lot of gay men and women'' He said. I did my best to stay calm.

'' Are you willing to kill gay people for being gay?'' He asked me. I didn't reply back. '' If being gay is a mental illness. Can we not help those people instead of killing?'' I asked him in a calm tone. He smiled like he wanted to hear me say this. '' That's why we are treating gay people'' He said with a grin smeared on his face. I looked around and some members were frowning a little.

'' What is the treatment?" I asked him. '' Some we give shock treatment and pain treatment. If those two don't work then we'll let them get raped by the opposite sex, so they can turn normal again'' He said in a serious tone.

I felt sick to my stomach to hear this out his mouth. I couldn't believe it. How can he do something so gruesome to gay people?

I smiled. '' Does it have an effect?'' I asked him while controlling my anger towards him. He nodded. '' Yes and no. Some are healed but most of them commit suicide'' He said with a smirk before standing up from his seat.

'' That's it for today. You can go for now. I will give you a call when you have your first mission'' He said.

I stood up from my seat while taking my hand to the wound on my stomach. It really does hurt a lot when you are getting angry. He noticed my hand on the wound. '' I will let you get a week off because of your wound'' He said in a hard tone before walking out the room.

What did I get myself in?

Blaze's POV

I was looking at her. After two years I finally told her about my relationship with Duyon.'' Son, why did you never tell us you were gay?'' My mom asked me in a sad tone.

I went back to my hometown in China where my mom lives alone. My dad and mom are still together but they don't live in the same county anymore. My mom has breast cancer and it's getting worst. That's the reason why my dad wants to give his company to one of his sons in order to come back to China, to support mom.

I looked at her. The last time I saw her was two months ago. She's gotten worse, her skin is paler than before. And her way of talking changed, her sentences are getting short. Even talking is difficult for her now.

'' I was afraid. You know how dad is'' I said while looking at the tears building up in her eyes. '' Do you really love Duyon that much?'' She asked me. I nodded. ''Yes mom, I want to marry him one day and build with him a happy family'' I said in a serious tone. '' I really want to meet him one day before I die'' She cried. I was always weak when seeing my mother cry because I will always follow after her.

She was sitting on an electric bed. I took my hands to her face whipping the tears off her face. '' Of course. I will bring him'' I said while smiling. '' Is he pretty?'' She asked me with tears falling to her cheeks. '' Yes, handsome and pretty. He has hazel green eyes that turn a little orange when the sun is shining on them'' I said remembering the last time seeing the wonderful scene of his eyes changing color.

'' Don't cry, son'' She said before whipping my tears away with her cold hands. '' Did you tell your dad?'' She asked me in a worried tone. '' No, but I will tell him tomorrow'' I said. '' Know that if he doesn't accept Duyon he will face me. I'm not going to let your dad ruin the relationship you have'' She said in a hard tone before smiling.

'' Thank you, mom'' I said before giving her a kiss on the forehead.

I left the room when she fell asleep. I have to take the plane within an hour.

While riding to the airport, I was only thinking about the meeting I have tomorrow. It's awful when you know something bad will happen, but you can't do anything about it.