Chapter 26 'Enough Is Enough'

Even after your awful moments, the wonderful moments are waiting patiently for you. You only need to accept the bad that happened and move on. So the good will move on with you -

(Picture above is Duyon)

Duyon's POV

''The apartment you've chosen is nice" I said to Ren before sitting on his couch in the living room. He gave me a full apartment tour of the place he is now staying in.

''Thanks! Without you, this wouldn't happen'' He said before giving me a cup of black coffee.

''Did you already find a good university to study" I asked him after taking a sip from the coffee.

He smiled before giving me some documents. ''Are you serious?!'' I asked in disbelief before looking at his smiling face. He really is serious about his future. And I am all for it!

''Yeah, I really want to become a detective. I need a degree in Policing Practice and after that, I will go to the police force to become a police officer. After being a police officer then I will move into a different stage in the police, to become a detective'' He said with a smile before sitting across from me.

''But can you become an officer if you went to the mental hospital?'' I asked him. He gave me more documents to read before sitting down again. ''Yes, but we need to have received specialized training in mental health issues'' He said before taking a sip from his tea.

''I was also allowed into the university'' He said with a proud expression. I stood up from excitement. ''Shit! That's amazing'' I said with a huge smile before walking to his side. He stood up and without even thinking, I hugged his smaller body into mine. I was so proud of him.

''You will have a great future ahead of you, Ren. If you need any support, I will be gladly the one to help you'' I said before taking a small step behind me, to give him some space. He looked happy but also confused.

''What's wrong?'' I asked him before sitting again on the same spot on the couch.

''But that means I have to move away from you to another state to join the university'' He said with a frown. I nodded in understanding.

''That's okay, I am still supporting you, Ren. Even if you are not living close to me'' I said with a smile looking at his teary eyes.

''Thank you so much!'' He said before sitting next to me. ''I will move again to here if I am done with the police force'' He said. ''When will you move?'' I asked. ''Within two months'' He replied back.

''Are you going to work again?'' He asked me. I turned to look at his hard expression. I shook my head when his eyes were looking at me. ''I will also go to university to study education, experience, and responsibilities'' I said with a small smile.

After being inside a mental hospital for the last 4 years, I really wanted to work for patients with mental health issues. The system isn't that great, to begin with, so I want to change it. But I need to study mental health and people's experiences and responsibilities to change the mental health system.

''Duyon!'' Ren said while after shaking my arm. ''You were spacing out. I've called your name five times, already'' He said in a hard tone.

''But why education, experience, and responsibilities?" He asked.

''I want to become a behavioral health director. The behavioral health director ensures the stability and efficiency of their facility, connecting patients to the compassionate treatment they need to cope with, and sometimes cure, their disorders'' I said.