Chapter 3 'Roads Have To Been Taken'

When you're feeling tired, dare to keep going -

Duyon's POV

I was finally home. It was already night. '' Is everything okay?'' I asked Blaze who was already pouring red wine for the both of us. '' Yeah'' He replied back without looking at me.

'' How is work?'' I asked him. He always would ask me about my work but now he isn't showing any interest. He looked like his mind were in deep thoughts. '' Good'' He replied again without any emotion in his voice.

I took the glass of wine from his hand and walked to the living room.

'' My father wants me or my brother to take over his position'' He said in a serious tone before sitting down next to me on the couch. I looked his way. '' That's great!'' I said with a smile looking at his facial expression, it was a mix of anger and frustration.

'' The one who can take over has to have a fiancee. Who is willing to sponsor his business'' He said in a hard tone without looking at me. I didn't understand why he was so upset.

'' I will always support you, no matter what'' I said in a comforting tone. He turned his head my way. I could see the stress lying on his face. '' I know that. But my father will never accept our relationship.'' He said in a hard tone.

I don't have my parents here anymore, to show them, my lover. It's sad to know that his father is alive but he can't even show his lover to him.

'' He wants to meet you next week. The problem is he thinks you're a girl'' He said in an annoyed tone. I began to laugh. '' I can crossdress if you like it. Your father will think that his son is marrying a beautiful young sexy girl'' I said with a smirk looking at his shocked expression.

'' Are you serious? Duyon. I would love to see you in tight skinny jeans with a crop top'' He said before laughing his ass off. I began to smile. '' You went too far!'' I said in a hard tone before sitting on his lap.

'' I can't meet with your dad next week because I have to go back to Italy. Tell him I will meet when I arrive back'' I said to him before kissing his lips that I missed.

'' When will you go back?'' He asked after breaking the kiss. '' Four days, but I have to train and meet up with Kyle to talk'' I said not wanting to tell him everything. He already has a lot to deal with. I can't take my problems to him. I would make things only worst for his mental state.

'' That's bad, I waited a whole month so see you. And I can't even see you more than one day'' He said with a frown showing up on his pretty face. '' I am sorry but I will promise to take a week off after finishing the job'' I said with a smile. '' That's great to hear!'' He said before standing up from the seat with me still on his lap.

'' I will be going early in the morning. So you know it'' I said. '' Alright'' He said with a sad tone before giving me a kiss on the cheeks. '' Of course, when you wake up, there will be a 5-star course breakfast waiting for you. Made with lots of love'' I said before kissing him again but this time harder on the lips.

After two hours I showed and went to lie next to him in bed. He was already sleeping. At times like this, I regret working as a mafia member doing illegal things. I killed bad people who deserved to die. Serial killers, child killers, child molesters, serial rapists, and really really bad people. Those are the kinds of people I killed. That is my job most of the times.

But when I looked at Blaze I feel like I am doing something really wrong. It's as he lives in another world away from me. I am black and he is white, that's the difference. He will never understand my struggles and will never understand his. But still, I love him to death.