Chapter 29 'Darkness Is Hitting Hard'

We are not afraid of the darkness, but the time we spent there being alone. Sometimes we need darkness to appreciate the light in our lives -

(Picture above is Duyon)

Blaze's POV

I was sitting on the couch next to Bella. She was sitting next to me watching some Netflix film. I was looking constantly looking at my phone. It's now 45 minutes since we last saw Duyon.

I looked at Bella. ''How old are you?'' I asked her. I was only panicking about the time. It's better to talk to Bella and get to know her better.

She looked at me before smiling. ''I turned fifteen three months ago'' She said.

''I turned twenty-nine four months ago. Duyon will turn thirty in a few weeks'' I said with a smile. She nodded while looking at me. ''Duyon doesn't look like he's thirty'' She said. I smiled. ''Yeah, I know. He looks young, sometimes it's scary. His slim and fit body and of course his face giving him the young look. I look older than him but in reality, he's the older one'' I said.

''You also look good!'' She said in a quiet tone before turning her head to the tv. Her ears were getting red.

''Thank you!'' I said with a smile while looking at her shy expression. She really was cute. I could feel she was scared to talk to me but the conversation is going better than I expected.

''How long are you together with him?'' She asked out of the blue. I wasn't expecting this question from her.

''I know him since college. It's now almost twelve years since we know each other. We had a relationship of four years in total'' I said to her. She nodded. ''Do you love Duyon very much?'' She asked in a serious tone. I was taken back by her question again.

I gave her a sad smile. ''I love him so much that I want to marry him and be with him for the rest of my life. But I did some bad things to ruin our relationship in the past. We are starting over again'' I said.

''Making mistakes is normal but hurting people on purpose is bad'' She said in a hard tone.

I looked at her. Does she know what happened between Duyon and me?

Her green eyes looking back at me without glancing away. ''I will make him happy. But Bella you are going to make him happier'' I said with a smile.

''Really?! How can I make him happy?'' She asked in disbelief. I smiled. '' Do you know how excited and scared he was for your arrival. He wanted to give you a beautiful home and your own place to live in. When he comes back he will show you the room he furnished specially for you'' I said.

She looked shocked by my statement. ''So he isn't regretting adopting me?'' She asked in shock with tears in her eyes. I grabbed her head to my chest hugging her close to me. I began to feel my own tears.

''No, sweety he loves you very much. Do you know many times he tried to talk to you in the mental institution? When he saw how you were suffering in there'' I said in a serious tone.

''But I was mute. Everyone hates me. My father, my mother, everyone'' She cried. I still was hugging her body. She was shaking because she felt anxious. I need to calm her down. But how will I do that?

''Don't cry, Bella'' We heard someone say behind us. I looked over to the door and saw Duyon looking at us. Bella noticed him. ''Duyon!'' She called before running to him. ''Did everything go well? Did they do something to you?'' She asked him while hugging his body.