Chapter 28 'You're Not Alone Anymore'

You need to be alone to explore yourself. You don't need to be with people to feel loved because the only love you need is from yourself. That's why people say you can never love someone if you don't love yourself first -

(Picture above is Duyon)

Duyon's POV

I looked out the window car. Looking at the place I most hated in my life. The place that took me into a dark part of my life. There was also the person I despised, the person so gruesome that even the devil would look back and shiver.

''What's the matter?'' Blaze asked. I turned my head to see his worried expression. He was on the driver's seat going through his phone. He drove us to the place where Bella was waiting for me.

''I really don't like the feeling I get when I am here'' I said while looking at his eyes. He put his phone on his lap before taking his hand on my lap. ''The place looks like a prison from outside. How is this a mental institution?'' He asked.

I smiled at his comment. ''I think prison is safer than here'' I said with a cold tone. He looked concerned by what I said. But he saw from my emotionless expression that I didn't want to talk about it.

I took the cigarette pack from my leather jacket. ''How many more minutes before we can go in?'' He asked me. I light up the cigarette before taking a drag. ''15 minutes'' I replied back before opening the window next to me. The smoke escaped the car.

The minutes felt like they were getting shorter and shorter. I opened the door and stepped outside the car. We walked to the front entrance of the place.

The two guards outside checked our ID before we were let inside. The suffocating air inside was all too familiar to me. My heart began to beat faster each hallway we passed. The guards stopped in front of ward two. The section where the guests are taken. It's the best-looking section because they need to give a good impression to the people who are coming.

We sat down on the white couch. The door opened and there stood a woman with a beautiful fake smile looking at us. I never saw her inside this place. She walked to us before stopping in front of the table full of snacks and magazines.

''Can I get you, gentlemen, a drink?'' She asked us with a smile.

''Black coffee, please'' Blaze said before looking at me. I shook my head. ''No, thank you'' I replied back while looking at her expression. Her smile disappeared for a second before coming back but brighter. I frowned. ''Where is Bella?'' I asked the woman who was still staring down at me.

''She is packing some things'' She said with a smile before turning to walk back to the door. She wasn't wearing a uniform like the other staff. Something is going on in here. But what are they planning to do?

When she exited the room I turned to look at Blaze. ''Why did you accept the drink? This place is dangerous'' I said in a serious tone while looking at his confused expression.

''What's wrong with a cup of black coffee in the morning?'' He asked in a hard tone. I shook my head in disbelief. How can he be this naive in this situation?

Blaze's POV

''Thank you" I said to the woman who gave me the cup of black coffee. She looked at Duyon before handing him a glass of water. He looked angry for some reason.

''No, thank you. I already told you that I didn't want any drink'' He said with an annoyed look on his face. I taped his shoulder. ''Why are you acting like this?'' I asked him before taking the glass of water from the lady. She smiled at me before leaving.