Chapter 75: In Between

i cried writing this chapter and the last one, i really did. i hope you guys feel for it as much as i did.

p.s i'm sorry it's so sad but bear with me, just trust me.

I N   B E T W E E N

———

Draco's POV

*Meanwhile Inside Draco's head*

I suddenly opened my eyes, and I was sitting on a bench in front of the Hogwarts Express, except there was no one, and everything was perfectly clean and polished. Where the bloody hell am I?

"The in between" I jumped back at the voice.

Not just any voice. Dumbledore's voice.

Oh God. God I'm so sorry. I get it, this is punishment, but you knew I wouldn't do it, you know I wouldn't have killed him. Why did you have to punish me like this? Please stop. Wake up Draco! Wake the hell up! I tugged harshly on my hair to try and wake myself up but felt nothing.

"Draco, I assure you you're not being punished." Dumbledore's voice sounded closer and I turned to see Dumbledore standing there, with his robe same as always and in a stiff posture.

"How can you hear my thoughts?" I asked him, taking a careful step back.

"Because we're in your head Draco." So this isn't real?

"So I'm dreaming? No, wait, not dreaming because this is a bloody nightmare!" I tugged at my hair and was confused when I felt no pain. "What's going on? Why am I here? How are you here?"

"You're not having a nightmare Draco." Dumbledore reassured me.

"But you just said we're inside my head." I was confused by his confession.

"Just because something's happening inside your head, doesn't mean it's not real." I scoffed. Okay Aristotle.

"What?"

"Do you need it in simpler terms Malfoy?" I jumped back when I heard another voice, one in a more mocking tone. Bloody Diggory.

"What the hell is he doing here?" I turned to Dumbledore and spoke in an accusatory tone.

"We're in your head. Everyone that has died that has had an impact on your life, will be here." He explained.

"What? So who else...?" I turned around, waiting to see who else has been considered to have impacted my life.

"Hello Master." I smiled as Dobby walked up to us shyly.

"Dobby, you know I fucking hate that. You mustn't call me that." I said as I kneeled down and hugged his small, thin body as gently as I could.

"I'm sorry, I mean Mr. Draco." Dobby smiled softly.

"I can't believe it. What happened to you? You're here. But you were..." Tears welled up in my eyes as the realization hit me. He died. "I really miss you Dobby." I said the only thing I could think to say to him.

"Malfoy? Missing someone besides Mal? Never thought I'd live to see the day." Diggory scoffed as he leaned against a stone wall. An imaginary wall, right, because none of this is real. Right? Wait... ugh this is so fucking confusing. I need Kat here, she has to explain this shit to me, my girl's bloody brilliant.

"Technically, you didn't live." I countered.

"Draco..." Dumbledore warned me but Diggory chuckled lightly and I fought to not smile.