Chapter 12: The Morning After

Playlist:
Like That - Bea Miller
We Belong - Dove Cameron
You Broke Me First - Tate McRae

swipe to listen to one of the songs —>

T H E   M O R N I N G   A F T E R

———

Mal's POV

As I walked to my next class I couldn't help but blush as I recalled last night: his lips on mine, his hand on my thigh, my hands in his hair, the pouring rain. Everything seemed so perfect. I felt so happy to finally be able to call that boy my boyfriend.

"Her? Seriously?" I rolled my eyes at the judgement in Pantsy's voice, I knew when I turned this corner she would be there with her same bitchy face as always.

"What are you talking about?" I immediately stopped in my tracks when I heard Draco, my boyfriend's, voice.

"I saw you, heading back to the dorms with her." I heard Draco sigh loudly and already knew he would be running his hands through his hair.

"So?"

"You kissed her, that was never a part of the agreement." What agreement?

"I had to make it believable, didn't I?" Believable?

"And she believed you?"

"Completely." No. Please no.

"When was the last time you talked to her?"

"Last night." Liar. It was this morning, you walked me to our first class.

"Good, when are you going to tell her? I was planning a big exposure, maybe in the dining hall, in front of--" I hate this bitch.

"No."

"What?"

"I'm not doing that." Why?

"Don't tell me you actually care about her?" Maybe he does Pantsy.

"I don't." You don't? Oh. Of course you don't.

"Then what is the fucking problem?"

"I want to tell her, myself, just don't say anything. Keep your fucking mouth shut." You want to see the pain in my face when you tell me.

"You should tell everyone that, any minute now she'll find out." Everyone?

"No. She won't. They'll shut the hell up about it unless they want to get hurt."

"Someone's definitely getting hurt. I'm just glad it's her." Bitch. "Anyway, I'm leaving. I can't believe the mudblood actually believed someone like you could fall for someone like her."

"Yeah, me either."

What. The. Fuck.

I heard Draco sigh and before I could move he already turned the corner and bumped into me, his eyes widened. "Hi baby." His voice was smaller than I'd ever heard it. I stared at him and said nothing, I was still processing what I had just heard. "How are you?" he made a move to come close to me and I backed away. "What's wrong?"

"What's wrong?" I couldn't help the unusually low voice that came out of me and I knew he heard it too when he backed away slightly. "I heard you, Malfoy." He flinched at the sound of me calling him by his last name once again.

"Heard what?" He asked innocently. I pushed him and he stumbled back, caught off guard.

"Heard your conversation with Pantsy. Your agreement, Malfoy? What agreement?"