Chapter 13: Yule Ball

Playlist:
Hypnotic - Zella Day
Water Fountain - Alec Benjamin
Feel So Close - Calvin Harris
Are You With Me - nilu
Echo - Jason Walker

swipe to listen —>

Y U L E   B A L L

———

Mal's POV

Everything had been a frenzy. We all were getting ready for the big night. Ginny, Mione, Luna, and I were excited and nervous all at once, I could tell by how fast we were all talking. 

No one is expecting Mione's date. Ron's jaw is going to drop. I felt honored to be the only one who knew.

"You both look great!" Ginny hugged Mione and me, having finished getting herself ready.

"Thank you and you don't look anything less than beautiful." Hermione responded, blushing a bit at the compliemnt.

Ginny turned to me. "Mal, I'm glad you're going with someone like Cedric, who actually deserves you. Malfoy can only bring bad things into your life." Right. "I swear I should Avada Kedavra him for what he did to you." Ginny expressed her frustration as she recalled the "agreement" I told her about.

"GINNY!" Mione smacked her arm.

Ginny winced. "Ow... it's true. He really screwed up. So it's good you're going with Cedric, show Malfoy what he's missing." But what if I wish he wasn't missing it?

"Let's go!" I heard Luna call and I waved her and Ginny forward.

"Give me a minute." I leaned on the vanity and felt Mione come up behind me to hug me.

"Are you alright?" She whispered. "I'm sorry about Malfoy. I heard he's taking Pansy."

"Pantsy." I corrected her.

"Right," she laughed, "he's taking Pantsy. What an odd insult. Anyway, he doesn't know what he's missing out on. You are way too good for him." I smiled faintly at her attempt at cheering me up. I don't want to be too good for him. I want us to be good for each other.

"Yeah." I nodded in agreement.

"Cedric is so lucky to have someone like you with him. Beauty and brains Mal." She tapped my forehead.

"Beauty, Brains, and Badass." She laughed and nodded, agreeing with me.

"The 3 B's." I smiled and linked her arm with mine.

"Shall we?"

"We shall." We walked nervously, arm in arm to head to the grand hall entrance into the Yule Ball.

As I descended the stairs I saw him. Standing there. He looks so handsome. He had on an all black suit, with a pretty high collar. His hair was swept to the side so some strands were covering a small part of his beautiful and defined face. I stared at him in awe.

Draco's POV

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen anything that compares to this woman. She looks gorgeous. I watched as she descended the stairs with the other Granger, who didn't look bad either. But Kat... I mean... she looks exquisite.

I stood, watching how her sleek emerald green dress fit on her body, hugging it in all the right places. It exposed her shoulders and it's deep neckline brought an emphasis to her features that immediately made me want to go over and cover her with my jacket. But how could I?  When despite how beautiful her emerald dress looked on her, or how the slit on her left leg was making me go crazy, or the neckline made some of her best features accentuate, or how part of her dark red hair was braided on the top, making it look like she was wearing a crown, and the rest was curled, flowing beautifully down her shoulders, yet the most beautiful thing about her was her face.