Chapter 78: The End

T H E   E N D

———

Mal's POV

*December, 2010*

"Again! Again!" Frederick leapt off the covers and jumped up and down on the bed.

"Not now Freddy, that was a really long story. Mommy's tired now." My handsome pale prince came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into a warm embrace.

"Mommy's always tired." My little Katherine huffed and put her chin in her hand on her bed.

"After that long ass story who wouldn't be tired?" I jabbed Draco softly in the ribs. I've warned him about cursing in front of the kids. He feigned a cry of pain and flopped down on Katherine's bed. "Mami hurt me! Mami hurt me!"

"Get Mami!" Freddy yelled and Draco pulled me to the bed with him, all of them tickling me until I felt the redness in my face.

"Stop it! Stop! Draco!" They all finally grew tired and I was able to breathe. I gave Draco a look that said I'll get you back for that later.

Which in turn led him to whisper in my ear "looking forward to it." I rolled my eyes and stood up off Katherine's bed, pulling him up with me.

We have 4 rules that we uphold with our kids no matter what:
1) Neither one of us lays a hand on our kids as punishment.
2) We don't fight in front of our kids. They will never hear me raise my voice at their father and they'll never hear him raise his voice at me. Ever.
3) Equality. If we ever hear they've uttered the words 'mudblood' or 'blood traitor', they're threatened with the warning that they'll never go to Hogwarts and Uncle Bill will turn into a werewolf and scratch them. The best part is that they actually believe us.
4) We protect them. At all costs. If it's ever life or death our kids are first, despite how much we love each other.

"Goodnight Kathy" I kissed her cheek and smiled at the sight of Draco kissing Freddy's forehead while he pretended to be asleep.

"Goodnight Freddy." I leaned down to kiss Freddy on the cheek when he jumped up to hug me tightly.

"Goodnight Mami." He pulled away and held my face in his small, cold hands, much like his father's.

This is something he often does, he claims he wants to memorize every aspect of me so he can see me clearly in his head whenever he gets occasional nightmares. Draco and I are experts on those, so luckily we know exactly how to comfort him.

Frederick Scorpius Malfoy. We had to compromise because I was not going to have my child get bullied for being named Scorpius Malfoy. That name within itself sounds evil. And he and I both knew the best way to honor my brother was to name one of my firstborns after him. I smiled at the sight of him, his hair platinum blonde just like his father's, his complexion pale, and cute little dimples on his face when he smiled, yet his eyes amber and kind, just like mine. He kissed my cheek and made a loud "mua" sound before pulling away and smacking his sister's arm. "Goodnight dummy." I stifled a laugh as she smacked him back, a little harder.

"Goodnight loser."

"That's my baby girl." Draco said as he leaned down to kiss Kathy's cheek. Katherine Ruby Malfoy. We chose the first name, I chose the middle. We had decided on Katherine 15 years ago, that was no surprise, Ruby was after Hagrid, who had been there for me throughout my school years. I watched as Draco stood over her for a minute, admiring her sleek, wavy light brown hair, just like my original hair, and smiling at her grey eyes that resembled his.

"Papi! I'm not a baby anymore. I'm seven." She boasted proudly.

"Me too Papi! I'm seven too." Freddy said proudly.