Chapter 42: The Empty Compartment

T H E   E M P T Y   C O M P A R T M E N T

———

Mal's POV

We were finally aboard the Hogwarts Express, about to go into our sixth year at Hogwarts, and I ignored Ron's annoying commentary on Bon Bon as I played with her gray little paws on my lap.

"First Crookshanks hated my rat." Ron pointed out.

"Your rat was Peter Pettigrew." Hermione pointed out.

"Exactly. So don't start an argument you're going to lose. Plus, Bon Bon's way cuter." I argued.

"Hey!" Mione complained as she petted Crookshanks who was falling asleep next to her.

"I mean..." I picked Bon Bon up Lion King style and showed her off to Harry and Ron, "Just look at her wittle face." All three of them groaned at the baby voice I used and I stuck my tongue out at them.

"Harry... my sweet, immortal friend." I teased and he rolled his eyes. "Would you hold Bon Bon for a second? I have to go murder my boyfriend." I handed Bon Bon to Harry before he could complain.

"Can we watch?" Harry asked and I shook my head at their excitement.

"You're no fun!" Ron called out and I flipped them all off as I left to find Draco. I walked through all the compartments until I got to the last one, where I knew he would be with his friends.

"... I'm going to pitch myself off the astronomy tower." Was all I had to hear my boyfriend say before I interrupted the conversation.

"You might not have to. I'll just do that for you. You think you'll need a small push or a full on shove? I think I'll debate that on our way up there." I glared at him as I leaned over the table in their booth.

"Mal." Blaise greeted me and I turned to him.

"Hi Blaise." I smiled at him and he turned away nervously.

I knew he fancied me, he would never dare do anything however, seeing as Draco would kill him as slowly and painfully as possible.

"Mudblood." Pantsy tried to trigger me but I brushed her off.

"Waste of space." She glared at my name for her but I pretended to ignore her and waited for Draco to say something.

"Katerina." I stood there a couple more moments and waited for him to say more.

He didn't.

"I see you still have both your hands, let's see if they still function." I moved to slap his arm but he held onto my wrist, proving my point. "Wow, they work. And you're not mute either. Which really makes me wonder: what the fuck is your problem?!" He stayed silent and refused to look at me. I stood there for a couple moments waiting but he still said nothing. "Have I ever made the mistake of appearing like a patient person? Because I assure you I am not." He still sat there silently and Pansy laughed. I turned to her, "Do you really want another broken nose? I mean, both my sister and I have given one to you, you'd think you would learn, and yet here you are."

"Why don't you just go back to your compartment? No one wants you here." Pansy replied.

"I wouldn't say no one." I turned, expecting a response from Draco but he still sat there silently.

"I don't mind." Blaise grinned at me but turned away with one harsh glare from Draco. I sighed and raked my hand through my hair, suddenly thinking of an idea. You left me no choice Draco. I turned to Blaise with my most flirtatious smile and immediately saw him fight a smile back.