Chapter 40: Bonnie

B O N N I E

———

Mal's POV

Finally being back home, I could wake up to the same smell of freshly baked french toast in the morning that I missed so much, eat it quickly with my family and get ready for the surprise day Draco had planned for me.

"Are you sure he wanted me to come?" Mione asked as she pulled her shirt over her head.

"He said he didn't mind." I explained, struggling to pull my jeans up.

"Where are we even going?" Mione asked as she pulled her hair into a messy ponytail.

"I don't... woah..." I laughed as I fell on the bed, my jeans still mid-thigh level. Mione laughed with me and threw me another pair of jeans from my drawer.

"I don't think last summer's jeans will fit. Just use these." She shrugged.

"Thank you." I smiled when I pulled the new jeans up with ease.

"So, you were saying... where are we going?" Mione asked as I was flipping through my closet to find a top.

"That's a surprise." I jumped and Mione shrieked when we heard Draco's voice and saw him sitting on my bed.

"What is wrong with you Malfoy?!" Mione smacked his arm.

"I've warned you about sneaking up on me like that fool. Don't blame me if you end up petrified one of these days." I laughed and went over to kiss him.

"But if I didn't sneak up on you, I wouldn't get to see this wonderful sight." He said as he held onto my hips and admired the top half of my body where I only had a bra on.

"Get a room!" Mione called out as she put her shoes on.

"We're in one, you just happen to be here too." Draco responded, making her roll her eyes. Mione went over to my closet and threw me a ribbed, blue button up tee.

"Put it on." She then turned to Draco, "and try not to take too long. I'm going downstairs. Coffee, Mal?"

"Let's take some to go please." I called out after she left and closed the door behind her.

"I thought she'd never leave." Draco groaned and dropped his head on my bare stomach.

"Hi." I smiled as I ran my hands through his hair.

"Hi." He pulled me down by my waist to sit on top of him and kiss him deeply. After a couple seconds I pulled away.

"I have to get dressed, if my parents see us I have a feeling they'll no longer like you." I teased as I got up and started pulling my shirt on.

"You know, my mom really likes you." Draco said as he helped me button my shirt.

"Awe, she was sweet, truly. I just wish your father shared the sentiment." I sighed.

"He will." He assured me.

"Draco... I'm pretty sure that after what happened at the Ministry a couple weeks ago, he hates me even more." I let out a heartless laugh.

"Give him time. He's not exactly proud that his only son, 'the heir' is dating someone he believes is muggle born." I groaned and dropped my head on his shoulder, making Draco rake his fingers through my burgundy hair. "C'mon baby, let's get going."

"Right." I got up and walked towards the mirror, pulling my hair into a half up half down. We then walked hand in hand downstairs, when we arrived down he immediately dropped my hand, making my smile fade a little but I ignored the ugly feeling in my stomach.