Chapter 32: Jealousy

J E A L O U S Y

———

Draco's POV

I'm sorry. I really am.

I know you hate me right now. I know you haven't spoken to me in days, and yet, you still sleep in my bed, even though you don't let me touch you, you're still with me. And I think this is worse than if you had just left me. Because you're there. Right there, next to me. If I just reached my hand a couple centimeters... no.

You're close to me, right next to me. And yet, I am only allowed to look, not touch. And you haven't spoken to me. And I miss the sound of your voice, I miss your hands in my hair, I miss the feeling of your lips against mine.

I don't know how many times I can apologize until you forgive me. But I really hope you forgive me. You've got to. Because without you, there is no me.

Because we are our own version of Heathcliff and Catherine. Because our souls are one. Always.

________

"Goodmorning Baby." I said in hopes that she would finally respond, she didn't.

It's been nearly a week. I miss you.

She wrapped her hair up in a bun and grabbed a towel, heading over to take a shower. I changed into my uniform as slowly as I could to wait for her, she didn't come. I waited a couple more minutes but there were only 15 minutes left of breakfast and if I wanted some food I would have to go. I opened the door and waited one more minute before closing it behind me. As soon as I closed my door I heard the bathroom door open and sighed.

She had been waiting for me to leave. Will we work through this? I don't know how we can at this point. Maybe we shouldn't. Maybe this isn't worth it. Maybe she isn't worth it... except she is. I know she is. Damn it this woman really screws with my head.

I headed over to our usual spot in the table and grabbed some food, then I thought it over and fixed her a plate as well of french toast with powdered sugar and syrup, green grapes, and some blackberry juice to drink. She's got to love this, right? I mean I snatched the last french toast from a first year so she's got to. Better not tell her about that, or else she'll give it back to the child.

I saw her come into the dining hall and smiled. She always looks so pretty. I smiled even wider as I watched her come over to me. She's not going to sit alone? Good.

"I umm... I fixed you a plate baby." I stuttered a little as I handed her her plate. What the hell Malfoy? This is your girlfriend. You're not supposed to be nervous. I mean sure this is the first time she might speak to you in days but still. I held her plate, praying she would take it.

She hesitated but finally did and nodded, a silent thank you, taking a seat next to me. This is good. This is progress. I watched her close her eyes as she enjoyed the taste of her french toast. Yeah... definitely not telling her who I took it from.

Suddenly she turned to me and I inhaled, making sure I didn't miss a second of this moment. She's about to talk to me. She opened her mouth to say something but seemed to remember she was mad and shook her head, reprimanding herself, and simply took another bite of the french toast. Now wouldn't be a bad time for the kid to want his french toast back. I sighed and finished up my pancakes and waited for us to dismiss to see if I could finally get a chance to talk to her, this has gone on long enough, our relationship can't keep going like this.

I got up a little earlier and headed to her first class to catch her before she goes in, I stood next to her class' door when Parkinson came up to me. You better leave before Kat comes.