Chapter 62: Miles Apart

M I L E S   A P A R T

———

I have to walk around, everyday, feeling the pain of being so close to you but not having permission to even speak to you. Having my mind full of memories together. The worst part is, it feels like you've already forgotten us.
~~~

Mal's POV

A couple months had already passed by and Hogwarts had been unimaginably bad, not in all my six years here has anything been in such a bad place. Ginny, Luna, Neville, and I have been hanging out as much as we could, trying to keep the DA running, being even more secretive about it than we were the first time, at night we would sneak into the Gryffindor common room. Dean and Seamus would hang out with us sometimes, helping Luna and I sneak into the Gryffindor common room whenever the Carrows aren't watching us, which is barely anytime. We often sneak food up, and thanks to the help of most of the paintings and house elves, the Carrows still had no idea about it, they're on our side.

Draco and I haven't spoken yet. Not in three months. I steal glances at him from time to time, but he never looks at me. I wish he would look at me. That apple I got the first day was the first and last interaction I've had from him all year. Now, in the middle of November, the chilly air blew and I shivered, regretting how I always forget to wear my layers. Draco would always argue with me for that, and he would always remember to wear extra layers to give me one. Well, none of that anymore I guess.

"Are you cold?" I left my thoughts behind when I heard Blaise speak to me. Blaise and I have sort of become friends these past couple months, since no one else in Slytherin truly talks to me, except for Montague and Adrian. However, the more I try talking to Montague, the more I realize he has no innovative thoughts in his brain. Adrian, on the other hand, is way too touchy, he always manages to find a way to get way too close, to which gratefully, Neville and Ginny are always around to back me up when I tell him to get away from me. So far, Blaise has been pretty nice, polite, and despite him clearly still being attracted to me, he seemed to take into account that Draco and I just broke up after a three year relationship, and that I need time.

"A little." I smiled at him and rubbed my hands together.

"Here." He handed me his scarf and wrapped it around me. I smiled even bigger and thanked him. "You know your cheeks and nose get pink when you're cold?" I blushed profusely when he said that.

"Umm... that's embarrassing." I said and covered my cheeks with my hands to warm them up.

"It's not. It's cute." He said and took my hands from my face, leaning down to kiss my cheek. Umm... weird. I smiled at him politely.

"Can you hold my wand for a second? I have to fix my robe." I handed him my wand and started adjusting my sweater under my robe when I felt a slight push on my shoulder. "Hey!" I looked over and saw that it had been Draco. "Saying excuse me doesn't kill anyone, you know?!" I scoffed at his rudeness.

"You seem busy, didn't think you'd even hear me, being all over Blaise like that." He responded and I angrily shoved him.

"What the hell is your problem?!" I yelled at him and a small crowd started gathering around us, including Neville, Ginny, Pansy, Adrian, and a few others.

"No problem. I'm simply stating a fact: you and Blaise have been all over each other these past couple months. I wouldn't be surprised if you start spending nights in his room." I gasped and felt my hands clench from anger. "Who's next? Pucey, who's been pining after you for over a year?" He motioned at Adrian, who blushed a little at the realization that everyone knew how he felt about me. "I mean you already have Blaise apparently." Draco glared at Blaise, who was next to me.