Chapter 47: The Slug Club Part 2

T H E S L U G C L U B PT. 2

———

Mal's POV

I watched as Mione hovered the books in front of the shelves, letting them slide into place, her whole face demonstrating that though she's physically present she's not mentally here. She's upset about Ron & Lavender. Very upset. She cried on Harry and I's shoulder just the other day.

"You're best friend's an ass." I told Harry as I left a book on the shelf, prying my eyes away from my sister.

"He's your friend too." Harry defended.

"Mione's my sister, ponder that for a moment. I'll chose my sister over anyone."

"Mal, it's fine. He's at perfect liberty to kiss whoever he likes. I really couldn't care less." Mione claimed.

"Mal, does she give a shit?" Harry asked me and tried not to laugh.

"No not one." I laughed, "How many shits does she give?"

"Zero." We both laughed but stopped when Mione glared at us.

"Sorry." We both said at the same time.

"Was I under the impression he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas Party together? Yes. Now, given the circumstances, I've had to make other arrangements."

"Have you?" Harry asked.

"Yes. Why?"

"Well, I'd have thought seeing as neither of us can go with who we'd really like to, we should go together as friends."

"Why didn't I think of that?" Mione buried her face in her hands.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Hermione Granger, top of her class everybody." I clapped sarcastically and Mione smacked my arm harshly.

"Well, who are you going with?"

"It's a surprise." Surprise? I'm getting that out of you one way or another. "Anyway, it's you we've got to worry about; you can't just take anyone. See that girl over there?" She motioned to a pretty, curly haired girl pretending to read in the corner. "That's Romilda Vane. Apparently she's been trying to smuggle you a love potion."

"Really?" Harry grinned and looked over at the girl, who was smiling flirtatiously at him.

"Hey!" Mione snapped in his face, "she's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One."

"But I am the Chosen One." Harry claimed, making Mione slap him on the head with a rolled up newspaper and making me laugh. And they think I'm the feisty one. "Ok. Sorry. Kidding." Harry quickly claimed, mostly because he was afraid of Mione hitting him again.

"Plus, you don't want to like someone just because of a love potion. That's screwed up." I advised him.

"Beggars can't be choosers." Harry shrugged and I smacked his arm. "Ok. Ok. I'll ask someone I like. Someone cool." He replied thoughtfully. "How about you Mal? You taking Malfoy?" I leaned off the table.

"No. He didn't want to go with me." I twirled Draco's ring around my finger. Yes I still wear it. No I probably shouldn't, but I do.

"I swear Mal, you can't let him keep treating you like crap!" Mione chastised me. You just cursed, you must be really mad.

"He doesn't treat me like crap. He's simply busy. Plus, I will be too." I shrugged.

"At the party?" Harry asked.

"No. Sticking pins in a voodoo doll shaped like him." Mione and Harry both looked at me worriedly and I rolled my eyes, "I'm just kidding. Kind of."

"So you're just going to show up alone? Power move." Mione congratulated me.