Chapter 49: Luna's Fire

L U N A ' S   F I R E

———

I've missed having you around so much, that I overlooked everything when I shouldn't have. I should've paid more attention. I have failed you. I am so sorry.
~~~

Mal's POV

"Ugh" Draco groaned and pulled the sleeves of his button down shirt more to cover his mark.

"What?" I asked as I loosely tied my tie around my neck.

"We wear white button downs, it doesn't completely cover the mark, and it's getting hot so I don't want to wear my robe all the time. I'm not exactly proud of the mark showing for everyone to see."

"Well..." I went over to the area above the dresser where I had my makeup and grabbed a small tube. "Here. This is the closest thing to magic that muggles have."

I sat on the bed and patted the area near me to have him sit down next to me. He sat down and I rolled his sleeve up to reveal the mark he and I both hated.

"What is it?" He asked, a bit of fear lacing his tone that made me smile.

"Concealer." I took the small wand out of the tube and placed small dots along his forearm, blending it in so it covered his mark. He laughed a little when he saw it was almost completely covered by the time I was done.

"Wicked." He said as he examined his arm.

"Told you. The closest thing to magic muggles will ever have." I smiled at him and put the concealer back. "You see? Now that you finally let me move back in with you we can come up with these easy fixes. Now can we go?"

"Hold on." He came up to me and adjusted my tie neatly. "Now we can go."

"Such a perfectionist." I rolled my eyes.

"Says the one that makes me organize my room every morning before heading down to breakfast." He pointed out.

"There is nothing wrong with being clean." I defended myself.

"No but there's something wrong with you." He shoved me playfully and I shoved him back.

"Then I guess there's something wrong with you too because you like me."

"Love." He corrected me. So cheesy. I rolled my eyes and smiled at him.

"See? Something's really wrong with you. We should have you locked up."

"Ah yes, there's a psychotic freak in Hogwarts, whatever shall we do?"

"Keep it a secret so no one will know. Can't have you taken away to Azkaban when I just got you back."

"Sounds like a plan to me."

"And a perfectly elaborated one at that." I smiled up at him and he slung his arm over my shoulders as we headed to breakfast.

I haven't felt this happy in months, ever since the summer. He finally told me the truth and the awkward tension in between us has finally ended. Last night was the first night we spent together in months, and I forgot I had missed him humming me to sleep. I found out the pathetic truth: I need him with me to sleep with no nightmares, apparently, he does too. He didn't have a nightmare last night, and he confessed that had been the first time that happened in months too. Yeah, we're a real match made in heaven.

I giggled when he playfully kissed various areas of my neck as we went inside the dining hall, and immediately felt eyes stare at us. I turned to the Slytherin table: Blaise, Pansy, Crabbe, Goyle, even Adrian, were all staring at us and glaring. I turned to the Gryffindor table and they all had distinct reactions: Ginny, Harry, Ron, and Mione all glared at us, Luna smiled at me, and Neville simply nodded his reluctant approval.