Chapter 20: Forgiven

F O R G I V E N

———

Cedric's POV

I forgive you. I love you. This wasn't your fault. I forgive you. Please don't blame yourself.

I hope that what you always say isn't true, I hope there is a heaven or hell, and I hope I end up in heaven. I promise you Mal, my beautiful, sweet Mal, that I'll be watching over you. And I will be there whenever you need me. You'll see me again, someday. You'll just need to ask, and believe. Please believe there is something bigger than life after death.

Even though I hate that it is he who has your heart, I like to think that I had it too, even for a little while, and I feel privileged for that. For that even though I held it for a very little while, I still held it at some point. I hope you loved me at some point. I like to think you did. Because if you never did, then I'd surely be destroyed.

Oh look Mal, everything's no longer pitch black, I see something. It's not a white light, you were right about that. It's better. It's a place that gives me the chance to hear you whenever you call for me.

Please call for me Mal. I need to see you again, I need you to know I forgive you.

I wish you nothing but the best, because that's what you deserve.

I jumped a little at the sound of her voice.

'I love you'

Surely I'm imagining this, but it just sounds so real.

I spoke out loud, hoping that somehow she could hear me.

'I love you my beautiful Mal, even though you were never really mine.'