Chapter 69: All Is Fair In Love & War

A L L  I S  F A I R  I N  L O V E  &  W A R

———

Draco's POV

I couldn't recollect the events from last night. I don't know how I ended up here, in the Hogwarts hospital wing. But I do know one thing. I no longer have the death eater mark on my arm, and I have never felt so relieved in my life. That relief quickly evaporated when I saw the only woman I have ever and probably will ever love standing in the doorway.

Mal's POV

I saw it happen. I saw the relief fill his face and saw it fall in a matter of seconds when he saw me. I don't think I've ever seen someone break down as quickly as Draco Malfoy did that night.

*Flashback*

I heard the voices of some of the most evil people I would ever meet as I mustered up the courage to knock on the door, the entryway to Malfoy Manor, which I disapparated to after not having found Draco in the common room when I finally read his letter a couple minutes ago. *knock knock knock* All the voices quieted down and I heard footsteps approach, I tried to contain my fear as I saw who opened the door: Bellatrix Lestrange. Shit. She's even scarier than I remember her to be.

"My my, who do we have here?" Bellatrix cackled deviously and grabbed me by the arm, pulling me to walk inside.

Worry grew on my face as I saw Mione, Ron, and a very distorted version of Harry standing there, in the middle of Malfoy Manor. Oh my god. Hermione. Why the hell-? I saw numerous death eaters standing in front of them, most whose names I couldn't remember. Death eaters. Wait. Elliot. Where's Elliot? Shouldn't he be here too? Thoughts of fear and danger ran through my head chaotically, and yet my vision fixated on a pair of moon grey eyes.

Draco.

"Kat-- Granger?" I flinched at the sound of him calling me by my last name again, "what are you doing here? You have to leave."

"Granger, did you say?" Bellatrix turned to face me and got up close to smell me, the creepiest chill went up my spine. "As in relation to, let's say, Hermione Granger?" I saw panic flash across Draco's face as he realized his mistake. I moved to stare at Hermione, fear still filling inside me. "A mudblood willingly came here. To Malfoy Manor? She must have a death wish. Do you have a death wish mudblood?" she squeezed the back of my neck, digging her long nails in. "Huh?! Do you?!" She dug her nails in deeper and I whimpered in pain.

"Enough! Stop it Bellatrix!" Draco got up off his seat and started walking towards us, but Bellatrix ignored her nephew.

"If she's a Granger she can be of use to us, come here mudblood." She tightened her hold on the nape of my neck and dragged me to stand in front of my friends, Draco followed closely behind.

"Do you recognize them?" I stayed silent, "Do you?!" Bellatrix yelled at me and I still stayed quiet. "Fine, let me get more specific..." She grabbed Hermione's arm, pulling her towards us, and dug her nails in, making Hermione squeeze her eyes shut from the pain. "Is this your dear sister? Is this Hermione Granger?" I shook my head. "Don't you LIE to me mudblood!"

"I'm not lying! That can't be her. Don't you think she would've been smarter than to be in the outside world with no disguise on?" I commented, making sure Hermione knew how stupid she was being. I told you not to be stupid Hermione. Damn it! Bellatrix smacked her lips together and let go of Hermione, pushing her to the ground.

"She's lying! That's Hermione Granger! I've run into her before, that's certainly her." Lucious, Draco's father announced, earning a glare from both me and Draco.