Chapter 8: Sirius Black

S I R I U S   B L A C K

———

Mal's POV

A couple months had passed after Christmas and I can't say they've been the best. Draco and I haven't even had much time together, I've been busy with Mione, Harry, and Ron. Mione has been using a necklace McGonagall gave her that allows her to be in multiple places at one time. I'm totally not jealous over the complete favoritism shown. Not at all. The only thing that annoyed me about it was how she used it, I mean she mostly used it to be in multiple classes at once, surely there are better uses to it. However, it's Mione's necklace, not mine. My thoughts were interrupted by a loud commotion over on the way to the Gryffindor dorms. I headed over there to see if Mione was alright.

"What's going on?" I found my friends huddled around their usual painting of the fat lady, except this time it was ripped and ruined, and the fat lady was nowhere to be found. After a couple moments of searching she was finally found, hiding in another painting.

"It's Sirius, he's entered the castle." The fat lady trembled as she spoke quietly and worried looks were exchanged between both professors and students at the imminent danger placed on us.

"Gather the students, guide them to safety. Now!" Dumbledore barked orders to prefects and we all ran to where they led us.

They made us sleep in blankets downstairs, all together in the huge room, which they closed and locked the doors to. We are all afraid. Even Dumbledore. Dementors floated above the castle, above us, and I knew Harry didn't take a particular liking to that, he had already had a run in with a dementor and no one was looking forward to another one. I was pushed around by some people as we headed downstairs to sleep. The disadvantages of being 5'2. I heard a familiar voice call out my name from behind me.

"Granger!" Draco took my wrist and led me towards the wall, so people would stop pushing me.

"Yeah?"

"Where the bloody hell have you been?!" He yelled at me.

"With Mione." I responded to him nonchalantly.

"Shit, Kat! You're supposed to be with your house!"

"I'm always with--"

"I thought something had happened to you!"

"I'm fine, relax Draco." I put a hand on his arm and he visibly relaxed. So he was worried, odd.

"Come, let's go." He started to immerse himself with the bunchload of people again and I followed behind.

"Crazy, right?" Someone beside me nudged me and I smiled seeing it was Cedric.

"Yeah, very." I nodded in agreement.

"Want to sleep together?" I raised an eyebrow at him in shock and almost laughed at how nonchalantly he posed the question.

"What?"

"I didn't mean it like that I mean, on the ground, like you next to... ugh you know what I mean Mal." He covered his face with his hands in embarrassment and I laughed.

"Yes, Yes I do know what you mean." I looked over at Draco and he was glaring over at Cedric and me. I shouldn't care. I know I shouldn't care, but for some reason, I do. "But I think I have to sleep in the Slytherin section. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. Good Night. Don't let the wolf bite."

"Haha. So funny." I rolled my eyes and went over to where Draco was heading.