𝒄𝒉. 42

chapter forty-two;

chapter forty-two;

━━━━━━ "T-THE KANABŌS ARE FINISHED being produced and have been distributed to the onis", kenji—the daimyo tengu—informed.

     "good work. as a reward, I'll make sure you and suzuki's wedding will be beyond magnificent", kisa promised as kenji just nodded.

     despite originally hating the date that kisa had setup, kenji actually found himself really loving the yuki onna. it was to the point that he had stopped flirting with other women, which was a plus.

"is there anything else I may assist your highness with?", kenji asked, as he was still kneeling on one leg.

"if you know what's good for you, you'd have your clan support me when I ascend the throne", kisa stated, to which kenji had nearly choked.

"o-of course your highness! b-but you're not thinking of rebelling or anything like that are you?", kenji awkwardly laughed, to which kisa's straight face had informed him that he had hit the nail on that one.

     "when I become the empress, you and the others will become kings and queens of the lands that I assign you all. perhaps...you're not satisfied?", kisa asked, the corner of her lips turning down to a slight frown.

     "n-n-no! that's not it your highness. it'll be plenty. thank you for the consideration. and regarding the wedding...suzuki and I are honestly very thankful for your support", kenji slightly smiled as kisa just nodded, dismissing the tengu.

     kisa sighed as she watched the yōkai leave, to which inasa had hastily exited from behind the screen as he took a seat beside the girl.

"something the matter?", inasa asked, holding kisa's hands as he allowed her to lean her head on his shoulder.

"I'm worried about dabi and shōto", kisa honestly answered, to which the male wasn't exactly surprised, as dabi didn't exactly seem very friendly with the half-and-half boy.

"worst case scenario the half boy says no", inasa stated, to which kisa had shook her head.

     "if he says no, then we'd have to face him in the future. he is a hero after all", kisa sighed.

     "so? he's just another one to take down".

     "his quirk is quite the useful one. and if he's on our side, then there's a good chance that bakugo will be too".

     inasa raised a brow. "you don't mean to tell me that those two are..."

     kisa sat up as she observed the confused expression on the dark-haired male's face, making her let out a chuckle.