𝒄𝒉. 46

chapter forty-six;

chapter forty-six;

━━━━━━ "ONEE-CHAN, WE'RE BACK!!", KAORU screamed, nicely dragging eri across the palace as it was as silent as death.

it was an ominous feeling, but nevertheless, kaoru and eri had ventured through the seemingly empty palace, with inasa awkwardly trudging behind.

the dark-haired male wrinkled his nose as he knew what had went on today, to which he had wished he could stay to help but no, kisa had wanted him to specifically follow her brother and eri and protect those two brats.

     "nee-chan!!"

kaoru suddenly gasped as he found the girl lying with dabi on one of the mats, under one of the shading areas.

"kaoru, eri, you two are back", kisa smiled, waving for the two children to come over and sit beside her.

"mhm!! we had lots of fun with inasa nii-chan too!!", kaoru laughed, giving the male a thumbs up as inasa awkwardly glanced away.

     "that sounds splendid", kisa smiled, trying to keep up the act as her insides were hurting like hell.

     "mhm! where's everyone else? it's so quiet here", kaoru asked, to which kisa had patted the little boy's head.

     "there's going to be some changes in the next few months around here, kaoru", kisa started.

"like?"

"like my coronation", the woman smiled, to which kaoru's eyes had widened.

"you...you did it?"

"I did", she breathlessly replied, to which kaoru had started tearing up, making eri slightly concerned.

"nee-chan...I'm so happy for you", kaoru cried, sobbing into the girl's shoulder as she just chuckled, kissing the boy's forehead.

"thank you kaoru. starting tomorrow, we'll rebuild this empire together", kisa whispered, making kaoru nod as he sniffled more.

"but first, why don't you and eri go wash up? I'd like to have a talk with my husbands privately", kisa suggested, to which the boy had held eri's hand and rushed off.

     inasa hurried over to his wife's side, helping her sit up as dabi stayed laying down, groaning at his scars.

     "when will tomura be ready?", the half-demon inquired.