𝒄𝒉. 8

chapter eight;

chapter eight;

━━━━━━ "NOW WOULD BE THE PERFECT TIME TO kill those hero wannabes", shigaraki growled, slamming his fisted hand on the table as dabi and chisaki just sat on the opposite side.

     "we can't. there's not enough backup", chisaki rejected.

     "we don't need any!! we can just kill them now. especially since the fox king went back to the castle", shigaraki argued.

indeed, only the fiancées stayed at the tents, waiting for their lovers to come back.

"we can't risk it", chisaki replied.

"it's not actually a bad idea. that explosive kid is sick...the red-haired one and freckled one are the only ones there", dabi chimed in.

"you'll be pitting the first and second princess against each other", chisaki said. "and we don't even know how far their powers extend to".

     "who cares? as long as one of them lives, we can use the other to help reach our own goals", shigaraki scowled.

     "you're too rash, no wonder you've lost some of your most useful pieces like muscular and moonfish", chisaki scoffed, making shigaraki click his tongue.

"shut the hell up! what do you know?"

"boss, perhaps now isn't really the best time to attack", dabi suddenly said, making shigaraki even more irritated.

"princess must be plotting something if she's going for the throne. and if we mess it up for her, she might not help us in the future. after all, the only reason we're here is for her powers", dabi reminded.

the three stayed silent for a moment.

"she's half human isn't she?", chisaki suddenly asked, to which the two league members perked up.

     "and what of it?"

     "perhaps that's why her sisters treat her like shit", chisaki mumbled, thinking back to all the interactions the sisters have had.

"and their father too", dabi added in. "he's ignorant to it. in fact, he almost seems to encourage it".

"why does any of this matter?", shigaraki growled, not understanding the point of this conversation.

"she said she picked us because she saw potential. our initial agreement was to help her, and she'll aid us in return. but we still don't know what we're assisting her in", chisaki said, rubbing his temples with tension.