𝒄𝒉. 22

chapter twenty-two;

chapter twenty-two;

━━━━━━ "OH MY ERI, YOUR DRAWING IS JUST FANTASTIC!!!", kisa cheered, picking up the little girl's picture that had many flowers and a sun at the very corner.

on the grassy fields was the little girl playing with who kisa could assume as her mother and father, or perhaps grandpa.

     "r-really?? you really think so miss kisa?", eri asked, to which kisa just nodded with a smile.

     as kisa went to go pat the little girl, eri flinched watching the girl's well manicured hand hovering over her head.

     "eri, I promise I won't hurt you", kisa softly said, reaching over as she successfully patted the little girl's head.

     "and I haven't broke that promise have I now?"

     eri simply shook her head.

"say eri, do you want to go greet kai? we can go out and shop afterwards", kisa smiled, to which eri had unconsciously started tearing up, shaking her head in protest.

"p-please m-m-miss kisa...I-I don't want to...I-I want to leave...p-please save me", eri whimpered, clinging onto kisa's new outfit.

"eri, kai won't hurt you anymore", kisa mumbled, picking the girl up as she placed eri onto her lap, gently patting her back.

"r-really?? why?"

"because I'm here. I won't let him", kisa smiled. "so give him another chance eri. give him some time prove himself that he can change".

"w-will he really...?", eri asked, to which kisa just nodded with certainty.

"now, let's go find kai so we can all go out and eat and shop. whatever you like, just point to it and we'll get it for you", kisa lightly chuckled as she held out her hand, to which eri breathed in and out, clutching onto kisa's warm hand.

as the two girls exited eri's nearly empty room, many members of the shie hassaikai who passed by bowed and moved out of their way, as the very first day kisa was here, she made it clear that no one was to mess with her or eri.

     "oh hari, perfect timing! where's kai right now?", kisa asked, as the male gave a brief glance over at eri.

     "overhaul's currently in a very important meeting kisa, I don't reckon botheri—"

immediately kisa walked off with eri right beside her. humming to herself, kisa instructed eri to stay outside first as she entered the room herself.