𝒄𝒉. 16

chapter sixteen;

chapter sixteen;

━━━━━━ "KAORU, MAKE SURE YOU PLAY NICE and be like the gentleman I taught you to be", kisa reminded, as she made sure the little boy's yukata wasn't too flashy.

"of course nee-chan!! when will she be here?", kaoru excited asked as the two foxes were currently waiting at the garden.

kisa's ears perked up as she heard footsteps nearing, to which she smiled as she replied to kaoru.

"right now".

just as kisa stood up, with kaoru standing slightly behind the girl's kimono, the four men along with their subordinates, and a special little girl had arrived.

kisa put on her most welcoming smile as she kneeled down once more, inching closer to the little girl with round red eyes, who was clearly scared.

"welcome to the yōkai world eri. my name's kisa, but you're free to call me whatever you like. this is my little brother", kisa pointed, to which little eri had nervously looked up, to see a smiling pale boy who's face quickly flushed pink.

"h-hello...I'm kaoru! and I'm six this year", the little boy introduced, to which kisa raised a brow in amusement.

"h-hi...I'm...eri. and...I'm also six", the girl quietly mumbled, to which kisa just chuckled.

kisa then outstretched her hand, to which the girl unconsciously flinched, making chisaki slightly displeased.

"don't worry eri, I won't hurt you", kisa smiled, to which eri had begrudgingly accepted the girl's hand.

kisa then led little eri towards kaoru, who started to mentally malfunction, as he's never had any friends before, much less a cute girl as a friend.

"now now kaoru, remember what I said. you two go play, but don't run too far", kisa urged as she let go of eri's hand, meanwhile kaoru had taken a deep breath in and boldly snatching the girl's hand, leading her away.

kisa slightly tilted her head to the side as she watched the children disappear behind the bushes.

     "now, let's discuss business", kisa said as she invited her four fiancées and their friends to take a seat at the table set up under the sakura tree.

     "why aren't you sitting hari?", kisa asked.

     "overhaul—"