𝒄𝒉. 39

chapter thirty-nine;

━━━━━━ "THE HELL HAPPENED TO HER?!", dabi growled as chisaki and inasa also anticipated shigaraki's answer.

     "nothing much. my ribs just hurt a bit", kisa answered for the blue-haired male as she lied on her front, with her back completely exposed with bruises.

     did kisa purposely get hurt so that shigaraki could unlock past his current abilities? most definitely. after all, the girl owed it to him after taking away some of his chances for improvement.

chisaki sighed as he took some herbal medicine and spread it across the girl's back, making kisa shiver at how cold it was.

     spreading the medicine with a soft brush, chisaki stopped as he reached the girl's lower back, where there was a scar that inasa and dabi already knew about.

     "traitor...?"

kisa hummed as shigaraki inched closer to get a good look of the word that was carved into the girl's smooth skin.

it definitely wasn't a recent scar, as the wound didn't look fresh. though that had brought up the question of how old was kisa when she had received it.

"what do you think? like it?", kisa joked, to which not even dabi had joined in for a laugh.

     "I've been meaning to ask how you got it", inasa honestly said, meanwhile chisaki had continued applying the medicine and gently wrapping the girl's waist so that the herbal medicine stayed.

"my father", kisa bluntly answered. "when I was ten...on my tenth birthday, to be exact".

     "is that why you want to overthrow him?", dabi asked, knowing that feeling all too well.

     "overthrow him? well...that is just a bonus. I want the throne because it's the only way kaoru will be safe without having to worry about being pressured to be a king at such a young age", kisa smiled, as she laid her head on her pillow with her arms under it.

     "after all, children should act like children".

     "then what are you going to do? kill him?", dabi joked, to which kisa's smile had turned into a cynical one.

     "why of course. it never fails to make my blood boil with excitement when I stab him with a sword", kisa grinned.

the four raised a brow at the girl's statement, though looking past it, as they were probably just overthinking.

"why did he...do that?", inasa asked, as the fox king himself seemed quite well-rounded on the outside.

     but what did the outsiders know?

     "because on my tenth birthday, my mother decided that it'd be a brilliant idea to escape and leave in all the midst of my birthday chaos", kisa reminisced.