Chapter 32

A week later, on the way to school...

"Blackie, are you prepared for today's exam?"
"... Yeah"
"Eum, Blackie? Are you okay? Your face is pale"
"... Yesterday, this family of mine was talking about Christmas, and..."
"And?"
"They decided to do a huge meal and invite the whole family, Yamel and the others"
"What?! Why?!"
"I don't know. They said that I should show the rest of the family my new appearance as soon as possible, and that it's been a long time since we last had a meal together"
"Well, they do have a point regarding the fact that you should officialize your new personality, but I don't think they care about it. And why does the others have to come along anyway?"
"I don't know, but that's not the problem"
"Then what is it?"
"I went to see Hexy right after knowing about the subject. And he told me that since he's locked up in the sword, he'll transform himself into a spirit and spend Christmas in the spirit world. So, I am basically locked up with them."
"...I, I don't know how to help you..."
"It's fine, I'll find a way to escape this stupid lunch"
"..."

...

5 days later...

"Yey!!!!! Finally, Christmas break~"
"We can finally rest!"
"I know right?! I am so tired I think I am gonna sleep all day long"
"Hahahaha"

On their way home...

"Blackie, it's finally Christmas-"
*gloom*
"Wow, you look quite gloomy, what's wrong?"
"I still didn't find a way to escape this stupid meal"
"Ah... well, I thought about it and I guess I have an idea"
"Really?! What is it?!"
"How about you spend Christmas with me?"
"Huh? But aren't you returning home?"
"If I go back, they won't let me go again, so I won't. Plus, Hexy is not here, so I will basically spend this day alone."
"... I don't think they'll accept"
"What? But why?"
"Because they insisted on me being present, and they won't just let go of me because I want to be with you during Christmas. Plus, I really don't want to get into a fight with them again."
"Ah... now I am short of ideas"
*thinks* "Ah! I have an idea!"
"?"
"Eluma, allow me to invite you to this beautiful meal"
"What?"

...

"Huh? What do you mean you invited Eluma?"
"Dear mother, didn't you say that you wanted me to attend, saying that the others will be here too?"
"... Yes"
"And Yamel is Monica's boyfriend. Am I wrong?"
"... No, you're not"
"Then why can't I invite my boyfriend as well? By any chance, is there a difference between Monica and I? Or between Yamel and Eluma?"
"That's-"
"Well, it's true that Eluma is much hotter and smarter than Yamel. But you shouldn't invite a boyfriend without inviting the other one, am I wrong, dear mother?"
"... No, you're not. Fine, he can come"
"He was coming even without your approval but whatever."
"..."

...

Christmas eve, at 12 P.M...

"Merry Christmas mom, dad, Black Akari!"
"Merry Christmas little ones"
"... Merry Christmas"
"So, do you want to open your gifts first? Or eat before?"
"I wanna see my gift first!"
"Okay~"
*Monica opens her gift*
"WOW~ What a beautiful blue dress! And the white shoes perfectly fit with it! I love it! Thank you, mom! Thank you, dad!"
"We're happy you like it"
"Black Akari, won't you open yours too?"
"... *sigh* Okay"

*Blackie opens her gift*

*silence*
"B, Black Akari, is the gift not to your liking?"
"You can change it if you want, dear"
"... It's fine"

Black necklace and earrings made entirely in diamond. I didn't expect them to go this far in order to get along with me, but sorry for you guys, those little tricks won't work on me.

"I feel a little sleepy. I guess I'll sleep now. Thanks for the gift and good night"
"What? Black Akari wait-"

*shut the door*

"Do you think she did not like the gift?"
"I don't know... but she didn't look like she was going to threw it away so..."
"You're right! She must've been frustrated because of the special gift"
"Yes, you must be right"

"These guys, really... does they really think that I am happy with this? Well, it's a relief that I was able to dump them. I sure am good at acting; maybe should I think about raising this talent? It would be useful to get my revenge."

Now that I think about it, I still didn't do anything since the birthday party. Maybe tomorrow is a good opportunity to show the whole family who I really am...