Chapter 131

In Blackie's office...

*touches the mark* "Old man! Move your ass and come here right now!"
*woosh*
'Pretty bossy today, huh'
"I'm gonna ask you something, and you're gonna answer me"
'Go ahead'
"How can I help Scarlet?"
'You have to find-'
"FOR GOD'S SAKE, STOP IT!"
'!'
"I CAN'T WITH THIS BULLSHIT ANYMORE! YOU'RE ALL TELLING ME TO FIND THE SOLUTION BY MYSELF, BUT YOU KNOW THAT I DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME FOR THAT! SCARLET IS IN PAIN, AND I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS! SO YOU BETTER FUCKIN TELL ME WHAT IS THE SOLUTION TO HER CURSE"
'...'
*huff huff* "The fact that she's out there, all alone, with nobody to talk to, is making me mad"
'... There are three solutions'
"I'm all ears"
'First one, you can go back to the past and change the course of events, but this will significantly affect the future'
"Rejected. There's no way I'm changing the whole past. Next"
'Second one, you can do the ritual in reverse. Though, this might put Scarlet's life in danger-'
"Rejected. Never. Next"
'Third one...'
"?"
'She needs to give birth to a child. However, she has to be in love with the father'
"... WHAT?! YOU'RE JOKING!"
'I'm not. This will have two results. Either everything go smoothly, and the cycle of events will resume as it was before the incident, or it will fail, and Scarlet will have to witness her baby and lover leave this world-'
"That's enough, I got it. Is there really no other solution?"
'I wish there was, but these are the only cures'
"..."
'What will you do?'
"I have no other choice than go with the last one"
'You do know that you can't force someone to fall in love, right? Additionally, you're aware that Scarlet refuses to enter into a relationship with anyone'
"I know all that. But I have to try my best"
'And how are you planning on doing that?'
"I have no idea"
'Way to go'
"Look, the first two options are not up for discussion. The third solution is the one with the least negative outcome. The future won't change, and Scarlet's life won't be in danger. So I'm going with this one"
*sigh* 'Well, do you at least have an idea of who could be a potential lover for this plan? I mean, we can't proceed if there's no one she loves'
"As for this, don't worry. Because I already know who it will be"
'Wait, really? Who?!'
"I'm not telling you"
'Oh, come on!'
"You should disappear now. I'll keep you updated"
*nod* 'See you'
*woosh*
"... This will be really hard-"
*knock knock*
"Who is it?"
"Aster"
"..." *smirk*

He's here, and just in time.

"Come in"
*clack*
"Hello beautiful"
"It's nice to see you again"
"Yep"
"So, what are you doing here?"
"I just wanted to apologize about today, but I really can't-"
"It's fine. I found out"
"Really?! That's good to hear!"
*nod* *stare*
"Blackie?"
"Aster, can I ask you a favor?"
"Sure"
"Anything?"
"Eum... yes?"
*smirk*

The best candidate.

...

A few minutes later...

"So you're telling me, that you want me to go back to the Spirit World and convince Scarlet to come back?"
*snaps her fingers* "Precisely"
"Hell nah"
"Why?"
"Do you want to get rid of me this easily?"
"ASTER! HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?!"
"Then why are you sending me there?!"
"Because I need you to bring her back! You're not welcomed in that Realm, so they won't keep you"
"Send Hexy!"
"I need him for work! I can't just let him go like that!"
"..."
*approaches* *takes his hands* "Aster, you're the only one I can count on for this mission. I swear on my name that I don't want to get rid of you. This idea never even crossed my mind, not even once. You're not only a companion, you're a friend, and if I wasn't sure that you're capable of handling this task, I wouldn't send you"
"..."
"Aster, please"
"... You owe me one"
*smile* *pats his head* "Thank you"
*nod* "When do you want me to go?"
"..."

I want him to participate with the event next week.

"How about next week?"
"Alright"
"Thanks again"
*nod* "Is there anything else?"
"No"
"I'll take my leave, then. See ya"
"See you"
*clack
*sigh* "I hope I'm doing the right thing. Because if I'm not, I'm sure as hell I'll regret this"

I don't want him to go, but I need them to get to know each other more, and this is the only way for them to stay alone together. If I wasn't certain that Aster will go and come back safely and with Scarlet, I would've never sent him. I'd rather go by myself than put him in danger. But I'm positive he'll succeed. I just want her to trust him, even just a little bit.

"Everything will go smoothly. It has to"
*knock knock*
"What now?"
"It's me, Master"
"... Come in"
*clack*
"What is it?"
"You called me before?"
"Huh?"

Ah, I forgot!

"I'm sorry, Diane. I forgot. Everything's fine now"
"Ah, I see"
"... Is everything okay? You seem down"
"Yes, it's just..."
"?"
"Master, can I talk to you? It's about Hexy"
"... Sure"

I smell love in the air. And I'm here for it.