Chapter 36

"... I know who did this to you"
*shout* "WHAT???????!!!!!!!! YOU KNOW WHO IS THIS PERSON??????!!!!!!!!"
"... Yes"
"TELL ME RIGHT NOW WHO HE IS!!!!"
"I... I can't"
"WHAT???? WHY CAN'T YOU???!!!"
"Because... I promised I won't say a word until he wants to tell you"
"..."
"Trust me, he will tell you, but please wait a little more"
"Trust you? I guess you lied to me quite enough"
"... I know"
"?"
"I know that I lied to you even though I promised that there won't be any secrets between us. But I just couldn't bring myself to tell you about this. You saw that I told you right away that the others asked me about our relationship, but I can't tell you this secret. Please forgive me. I am ready to accept any punishment"
"... I won't punish you, but I have one question. Is this person... someone I know?"
"... Kind of."
"... Okay. I'll search for him myself, but later. You're right, I should focus on my revenge first"
"Deal. And thanks for not punishing me"
"But I'm warning you, if you lie to me one more time, I won't forgive you. Got it?"
"... Yes"
"Good. Now then, let's talk about New Year Eve"
"Huh? Do you want to celebrate it?"
"Yes, but not in the human world"
"Where?"
"Here"
"What? You want to spend it here? How are you going to tell your parents?"
"Who said they are coming? I won't tell them"
"What? Then who's coming?"
*smirk* "All the people in CelestiaLand"
"Including the students?!"
"Yep"
"What?! Who will organize everything?!"
"I will organize the party."
"But why?! I mean we can just go to a restaurant or spend it in someone's house"
"I know but I am doing this because I have an announcement"
"By announcement, you mean you'll tell them about that?"
"Yes. And this is why I want everyone to attend. I will tell you all the details later. For now, we should start the preparations"
"By 'we' you mean..."
"What? You won't help me?"
"Wait! No! I mean yes! I mean, of course I'll help you"
"Good. Let's start"
"Okay"

...

2 hours later...

"Blackie, it's already 9 P.M. Shouldn't we stop for today?"
"... Yeah, you're right. You go back before me; I will close everything and go back"
"Okay"
*woosh*
'Why did you lie to him?'
"Huh? Who-?"
'You don't recognize your sword's voice? How cruel'
"Hexy?! You're back!"
'Yep, I'm back'
"Welcome back! But where are you? I can hear your voice but I can't see you"
'That's because the sword in itself did not move. But my spirit can move, so that is why you can only hear me. And also you are the only one that can hear me'
"What? Eluma can't hear you?"
'Nope, only you. But you didn't answer me. Why did you lie to him?'
"Well, he looked quite tired, and I was sure that he would've stayed here if I didn't tell him that I'd follow him"
'You get along pretty well'
"... Yeah"
'I wanted to ask you this for a while now. What do you think of Eluma? I mean what kind of guy do you think he is?'
"... He's an idiot"
'What?'
"He always wants to protect me. He thinks I need his help whenever I'm in danger. I can't say what he wants or what he's thinking unless I read his mind. I can't even say if he's a good or a bad guy"
'Wow, your opinion is quite different from what I thought-'
"But... he's caring, and kind, and a gentleman"
'... Blackie, '
"I won't"
'Okay but what if it happens?'
"... Even if it happens, I will take my revenge. Even if the guy I fall for is Yamel, it won't stop me. I know that love is a feeling that is usually uncontrollable. But once you have a goal you're determined to achieve, even this feeling can't stop you. So don't worry about that"
'Even if this guy is your companion?'
"Companion? But I only have one comp-"
'If you ever fall for Eluma, will you be able to take your revenge with this feeling in your heart? Will you be able to concentrate, while the person you love is with you all the time?'
"..."
'I knew it. Well then, don't stay awake for too-'
"Yes"
'What?'
"I admit that he's quite strong, and it'd be a waste to let go of someone like him, but even if I fall for him, it won't stop me. In fact, nothing will stop me from making them pay for what they did"
'... That's good to hear. Anyways, don't stay awake for too long okay? You have training tomorrow, don't forget'
"I would never forget"
'Great. Bye'
"Bye"

Hexy sure is quite worried. I never imagined he would have this kind of thoughts in mind...
'What if you ever fall in love again? What will you do?' 'Even if this guy is your companion'
There is no way I would get distracted because of such useless feelings.

...

"Finally back. What a long day"
*ding dong*
"Who is it now? It's already 11 P.M."
*open the door*
"Monica? What is it? Did something happen to Blackie?"
"I should be asking you! Where is she?!"
"What do you mean where is she? Isn't she back yet?"
"No! I thought she might be with you"
"... Did you try to call her?"
"She's not answering me"
"... Let me try" *takes his phone*
*ringing*
"She's not answering me either"
"What if something happened to her?!"
"..."

What the... what is happening? Blackie is not back yet? Even though she told me she'd follow me right away...

"I have to go"
"What? Where are you going at this hour?"
"I am returning to CelestiaLand! She might still be there"
"Then I'm coming with you"
"No, you can't. Even if you come with me, as long as there is a magician here, the time won't stop. So, what will you tell your parents?"
"Can't you stop it?"
"... I won't. You stay here, I'll go search for her. And if she comes back call me"
"But-"
"Monica don't make me repeat myself. Go back now, and tell your parents not to worry, got it?"
"... Got it. Be careful"
"Yeah"
*close the door* *woosh*