Chapter 35

"Why did she do this?"
"... I don't know"
"I can't believe she hates us just because we didn't trust her and her powers! Just who does she think she is?!"
"Maria calm down."
"How can I calm down after what I just heard?!"
"Eluma... did you know as well?"
"... About what?"
"About what happened in the past"
"..."
"So you knew as well"
"..."
"By the way, I wanted to ask you something Eluma"
"?"
"Who are you? Where are you from? Why do you love Black Akari so much? And how come you became her boyfriend a short time after knowing her?"
"..."
"Hey, why won't you answer?"
"..."
"Eluma we need to know who you are, please answer us"
"... If you want to know who I am, you have to promise that you won't say a word to anyone. Got it?"
"... Okay"
"Then let's go somewhere quiet"
"What place are you referring to?"
"You'll see"
*woosh*

...

In a vast garden...

"Where are we?"
"In the abandoned garden"
"Wow~ it's beautiful"
"But it doesn't look like it's abandoned at all"
"That's because we- I was taking care of it"
"You alone?"
"... Yeah"
"But why didn't Black Akari help you?"
"She's busy"
"Ah okay"
"Anyway, will you answer my questions?"
"... Sit down"
"On the grass?"
"Do you have a problem with that?"
"... No"
"Good"
*everyone sits down*
"My name is Eluma Takami, 14 years old. I am... a noble from a land that you surely don't know, and you don't need to know anyway. My parents died when I was 5 years old, and I have no siblings. About how I met Blackie and why do I love her and about our relationship... I cannot tell you unless she accepts. So I can just tell you about me."
"... So you lived your childhood alone?"
"Yes"
"And who was this guy that came to my birthday party?"
"Karl is my cousin. He came to bring me back to the land."
"And why does he want to bring you back?"
"Because I ran away"
"Ran away? Why?"
"... Family reasons. But don't worry, he won't come back for now"
"For now?"
"Do you want to know anything else other than my relationship with Blackie?"
"... No"
"Great. Let's head back now."
"To where?"
"I'll take you back to the human world"
"Huh? And what about you?"
"Don't worry about me. I'll stay here for a little more"
"... Okay"
"Can I ask something?"
"Yamel? What do you want-"
"Go ahead"
"... Are you really Black Akari's boyfriend?"
"Yamel, he already told us he won't answer anything related to-"
"I won't answer this question, but what I can say is that my feelings for Blackie are real, and nothing will change the fact that I truly love her and cherish her more than anyone in this world"
"... Okay. We can go"
*woosh*

...

"I'll go back now"
"Eluma!"
"?"
"Be careful"
*nod* *woosh*
"Monica, why do you care so much about him?"
"Well, I guess he's a good guy. There's no reason for not being friends with him, don't you think?"
"... Yeah"
"And I would like to ask you why you're so cold to him? If our relationship wasn't fake, I would've said that you were jealous of him"
"I'm not!"
"Then why aren't you kind to him? I don't think he did anything to upset you"
"... I don't like him, that's all"
"And why is that?"
"Because I don't like him, end of the discussion!" *turn*
"Hey! Where are you going?"
"I'm going home"
*sigh*

You really won't change, Yamel. Looks like you still have feelings for Black Akari, don't you?

...

At the Academy of magic...

*tok tok*
"... Who is it?"
"Blackie..."
"Eluma? Come in"
*clack*
"What brings you here?"
"I wanted to see if you're alright"
"... And why wouldn't I be?"
"Blackie... they asked me about who I am and where I am from, and about our relationship"
"And what did you tell them?"
"I told them that I am a noble from another land, and that I won't say a word about our relation without your permission."
"... You did good"
"Huh? But they might suspect that our relationship is fake-"
"And who told you that I don't want them to suspect that?"
"What do you mean?"
"Yamel will now think there's still a chance to get me back since not only you introduced yourself as a noble, not someone special and better than him, but we also might not be a real couple. So I'll let him dream and try a little more, and when the moment comes, I'll tell them that our relationship is real"
"So all of his hopes and efforts will be a waste of time, and you'll kind of break his heart!"
"Exactly"
"But what about Monica?"
"... *smirk* Don't worry about her. I already have a plan. But before that, I decided to search for the guy who messed with them"
"Hein? Why?!"
"Is there a problem with that?"
"No, but don't you think you're delaying way too much your revenge? You barely started at Monica's party, and now at Christmas. But I guess you should focus on it more."
"No. I have to find this guy and understand why he changed my life completely. I want to know if he holds a grudge against me."
"... Blackie, there's something I have to tell you. But please hear me until the end."
"What is it?"
"... I know who did this to you"