Chapter 93

Saturday morning, in Blackie's office...

Finally, the weekend! Eluma barely talked to me the whole week, and when I asked Hexy, he didn't answer, saying that I'll get angrier. Anyways, I'll just work a little and then go and-

*glance* "This is the letter that Hexy told me about. I should open it" *opens* *reads*

*content of the letter*

My dear daughter,
I hope you're doing well and safe. I sent you a letter a few days ago, and since I did not get any answer, I thought that you might not have received it, that's why I'm sending another one. There's a banquet that will be held in the Demon World next Sunday at 6 P.M, and since I won't be able to attend (work), I'd like you to go there in my stead.
I hope you'll come, this way you'll be able to see our world again, and it'll also be a change of pace for you.
I love you my dear daughter.
Regards,
Your dad.

"... Bullshit"

'I love you'? 'I thought that you might not have received it'? I'm sure he knows that I did not send him an answer because I'm not going. What's with him? And what does he mean by 'change of pace for you'-

*gasp* "... There's no way he knows about what's going on... right?"

Something's off about this letter. I feel like this man has something to do with Tina. I searched literally all the books related to the citizens of the other worlds, but she wasn't mentioned in any of them. Eluma has a lot of mood swings lately: when they're together, he acts as if hates her, but then he comes alone to my office and tells me that he loves her. And now this man is mentioning the 'change of pace' as if he knows what's happening and that I need it. DAMN IT!

"I don't understand anything! Why do I have to bear all of these problems at once?!"

And I also have to deal with Monica and the others. I got lucky that they barely came here, since they were all busy this week with our exams coming soon-

"I FORGOT THE EXAMS!"

HOW CAN I FORGET SOMETHING SO IMPORTANT?! I'M GONNA FAIL MY EXAMS IF I DON'T START TO STUDY RIGHT NOW-

*tok tok*
"WHAT?!"
"Blackie, it's me"
"Oh, Hexy, come in"
*clack*
"What is it?"
"Before that, what's with the screaming?"
*sigh* "I just have a lot of things in mind and I seriously can't think straight anymore. Plus our exams are coming soon, and I still did not study-"
"Wait, WE HAVE EXAMS COMING SOON?!"
"... Pfft" *chuckle*
"WHAT'S FUNNY?!"
"No, it's just that I'm happy I'm not the only one who forgot"
"Ah, well, we should start studying if we want to make it out alive"
"Yeah, you're right. Let's go to the library and start"
*nod*

This will also help me forgot about everything.

...

4 hours later, in the library...

"Blackie, let's stop, because my brain can't take any more information"
*nod* *closes the books* "Let's go back to my office. I have something to show you"

I should show him the letter and tell him everything I'm currently thinking about. Hexy knows Eluma even more than me, so I hope he'll be able to help, even if it's just a little bit.

"Is something wrong?"
"No, but I just need your opinion"
"Deal, but I'll go and grab 2 hot chocolate from the cafeteria, and then go directly to the office. Is that okay with you?"
"Yeah"
*leaves*

Well, I should take this opportunity to search for Eluma before Hexy comes back.

...

In the cherry blossom garden...

I searched for him in the entire school, and even in the training ground, but he's nowhere to be found. That's the only place where I haven't searched yet, though I doubt he'd be here-

*turn* *glance*

There he is, with Tina again. Well, I wanted to talk to him in private but as long as I found him, it's okay.

"Eluma-" *gasp*

I... I must be dreaming... he's... kissing her?

*teary* "Eh?"

Wait, why am I even crying? I shouldn't care! She's his fiancée, of course they would do it...

*laugh* "I never thought I'd cry over something like this. Pathetic"
"Blackie! Where were you? I went to your office but you- Blackie? Are you crying?! What happened-" *glance* *gasp* *cups fall on the ground*

What... Eluma... is kissing her?

"This bastard-"
"Don't"
"What?"
"Don't do anything"
"But-"
"Hexy, let's go, please"
*nod* "... Come here" *hug*
*sniff*
*glance* *glare*

I'm sorry, Blackie, but I won't listen to you this time. I can't see you like this and stay still without doing anything. I don't care if he's a friend, my Master is way more important. And whoever hurts her will have to face the consequences. I don't know if I should tell Luka about this, but Diane should definitely know.

*takes out the phone secretly* *click*
"What did you do?"
"Nothing. Let's leave"
*nod*
*woosh*

She has really sharp senses. It's not a very clear picture but still visible.