Chapter 47: Valentine's day (part 2)

During the second break...

"Bla-"
"Black Akari, may I talk to you for a second?"
"... Okay"

Yamel...? Why? Don't tell me... no way, he already has Monica... but he still loves her... what if she accepts them...? No, I can't let this happen... even if Blackie might scold me for interfering... I can't bear the fact of seeing her with him again...

...

On the roof...

"What is it?"
"Black Akari, why did you leave early today?"
"None of your business"
"..."
"Is this all you wanted to tell me"
"... Black Akari... happy valentine's day... *show the chocolate* please, please accept these chocolates!"
"..." *stare*

*eavesdropping*

Eluma "I knew it! he wants to give her chocolate! Please Black Akari, please don't accept them! I beg you!"

"Black Akari?"
"... How"
"?"
"How can you do this?"
"Huh? The chocolate? I can send you the recipe if you want-"
"This is not what I'm talking about, you idiot! How can you give chocolates for someone other than your girlfriend?! Are you crazy?!"
"You know I don't love her, don't you? Black Akari, you're the one I love and that I will always love. And I'm sure you still didn't forget about me, that you don't love Eluma and that you guys aren't going out, right? And even if you are, you guys always fight. That's why, Black Akari... would you like to be my girlfriend?"

Eluma *trembling and crying* "No, no, no! I beg you! I beg you, please say no! I want to stop them, but I can't move!"

"Black Akari, your answer?"
"... Don't make me laugh"
"!"
"You say you will always love me? Then if you love me, don't meddle in my private life. Who told you I didn't forget about you?! Do you think I'm shameless to love a guy like you, that already has a girlfriend anyway?!"
"That's-"
"And about Eluma..."

Eluma "!"

"You shouldn't jump to conclusions this quickly. Yes, we do fight a lot, but saying that we're not together is something surprising. If you think you can have me back, you can still dream if you want. But you should give up"
"I..."
"But knowing you, I'm sure you won't give up, am I wrong?"
"... I have faith that you'll forget Eluma and come back at me. I'm sure of it, and I'll do my best to take you back, and once that happens, *reach out his hand and try to touch her face* I will never ever let you go"
*stops his hand* "Don't try to touch me again. And you should go back before Monica sees you here"
"... Okay, but I'll never ever give up on you"
"..."

Eluma "I should go back before they see me-"

"Eluma, you stay here"
"!"
"You! Do you like eavesdropping me?! You're so annoying! I really hate you!"
"Yamel, mind your words while talking to Eluma. Don't forget he's my boyfriend, and any insult directed towards him is directed towards me as well. Go back now."
"Tsk. I will, but that doesn't mean that I will take that back, I really do hate you-"
"Go now!"
"..." *leaves*

That's my chance! I have to give her the chocolates now- *searches in his pocket* huh? wait... OH COME ON! I forgot the chocolates in the classroom! And here I thought I could give them to her. Looks like I won't be able to give her the chocolates at all...

"Eluma-"
"I'M SO SORRY!"
"... Why are you apologizing?"
"When Yamel came and talked to you, I knew he wanted to give you chocolate. Even though you told me to trust you, and I really do, but deep inside me I was afraid that maybe, just maybe, there's a 1% chance that you'll accept them. Perhaps because you want him to leave you alone, or in order to make Monica jealous. There might be hundreds of reasons, but I couldn't stand the idea of you accepting the chocolate, so I unconsciously followed you here. I'm so sorry! You're mad now, right?"
"... May I talk now?"
"... Yes"
"That's true, I am mad at you. I can't believe you thought I might accept these chocolates. Eluma, I don't want you to trust me, I want you to absolutely trust me. I know what I'm doing. Also, there's something that I wanted to ask you"
"What is it?"
"Why were you afraid of me accepting the chocolates?"
"... I don't know, maybe because I was afraid that he might poison you or something..."